Update on Robbie

Heather Kimmey
(Ward)

on 9/26/08 3:27 am, edited 9/26/08 3:49 am - Harleysville, PA
Thank you all for your prayers, I appreciate and cherish each one!! <br />
<br />
My son is finally starting to settle down and not cry there as much. They started him on a new medication last night. They think the insurance company will want him out of the inpatient place by Monday or Tuesday, but he would continue in their outpatient program, where he would be there during the day but come home at night. Since he had special medicaid for his disability, the hospital is starting the application process for additional home based services that the state offers. <br />
<br />
They work on a point system where you earn points to spend in a store to get a little prize for yourself and he used all his points last night to get me a little bracelet. It's a childs bracelet, but I'm wearing it proudly all day.<br />
<br />
Here's a link to an album of pictures that I took of him on his first day of 2nd grade this year:<br />
<br />
http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i141/gooniebear/First%20Day%20of%20Second%20Grade/

The password is: robert

Pam Hart
on 9/26/08 3:44 am - Easton, PA
Hi Heather,

Sounds like things are getting a bit better - if even just by a few less tears a day.  I hope you have a few less tears each day too as I know how hard this is for you.

I did try to look at your photos - the link is requiring me to put in a password - and I have my own photo bucket account and my password won't work to access those photos.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Heather Kimmey
(Ward)

on 9/26/08 3:49 am - Harleysville, PA
Thanks Pam. the password is: robert

HopefulFuture
on 9/26/08 5:08 am - Boston, MA
Just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you Heather, and Robbie -- it sounds like things are looking up and I sure hope they are.  The pictures you took of him on his first day of 2nd grade are absolutely precious and the way he used all of his points last night to get you a little bracelet is just adorable!  You have a very sweet son and I hope he continues to improve each day.

Thinking of you,
Lisa :)

Patricia R.
on 9/26/08 6:41 am - Perry, MI
Heather,
Your son is adorable.  I know just how hard this must be for you.  I work at a psychiatric hospital, and we have a children's unit there.  The kids range in age from 4 to 12 on that unit.  I usually get them to the gym on Saturdays and we play kickball or some other game. 

I will continue to pray for you and Robbie.  It's hard to watch our kids struggle with things.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Nicole0216
on 9/26/08 8:24 am - Lancaster, PA
Thanks for the update. I will continue to pray for him.
Pam Hart
on 9/26/08 10:32 am - Easton, PA
Great photos Heather!  He's sooooo big now!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Laureen S.
on 9/27/08 1:30 am - Maple Shade, NJ
He looks so big and he looks pretty happy on that day!  Glad to hear some progress is being made and hopefully they get his medication right so he can fully enjoy his life!

Prayers and Hugs for both of you (and little sis too!), L

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Jan K.
on 9/27/08 11:33 pm - Was Jenkintown, PA but now NYC, PA
Heather,

I've been away from the boards and am just now catching up on some of the posts.  Saw yours and am relieved to read that some of the stress is being lifted for you and Robbie.  Count on prayers for the continued help and focus you need right now.  Sounds like you are both each other's center of love.  Love will give you strength, it has already!

Jan
         You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
                                                                                 --Mahatma Ghandi 
                                 Celebrate Life, L'Chaim, Peace, Shalom

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views