Update on ME :) From ME!

Liz R.
on 9/26/08 12:21 am - Easton, PA

Good Morning Everyone! I am still recovering that's for sure but feeling a bit better everyday! I still have quite a bit of pain in my abdomen (very little where the actual incisions are but we know how wierd those post laproscopic surgery pains can be!). Today has me pain med free for the first day, we'll see how I do. I did make it up the stairs and still had enough energy to get to the computer and post. I must say either I forgot the pain of my RNY or this was worse. I was in quite a bit of pain the first night and the day after and was suprised that they let me come home. Chris, my Mom, my Aunt and My Grandmother have been a god-send helping me to recover.

I am hoping to go back to work on monday at least for a few hours, but we'll see, at this point I couldn't handle even the drive. If I have to take a few more days - what shall be shall be!

I want to thank everyone for all their prayers and well wishes! I did go back and read all of the posts and followups from Pam and Shauna and well everyone!

Nancy - Thank You I got your card today! That was very sweet.

Well I am off to do a lap around the house and then rest for a bit. Thanks again everyone - your well wishes have meant the world to me!

Liz

Mary Benford
on 9/26/08 12:31 am - Emmaus, PA
So glad you're doing so well!   We've all been thinking about you, and keeping you in our thoughts and prayers!

If you need anything please let us know!

Success is a journey... not a destination!     

keri2008
on 9/26/08 12:50 am - PA
Yay!  Glad you're up and about!  Sorry that you're having so much discomfort and pain.  Thoughts and prayers continue to be with you!  Get better!

Keri
Pam Hart
on 9/26/08 1:05 am - Easton, PA
And I was gonna call you today to get an update - but now I will just let you rest!!
Hey - a question that hasn't been answered.  Did the gallbladder weigh 40 pounds like you had hoped?  LOL

Seriously now - I am glad to see you posting and so glad you are doing well.  Keep up the great work - and really - take the time you need to heal.  No sense in rushing things and hurting yourself.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
DebiMcK23
on 9/26/08 1:07 am - Aston, PA
I am glad you are feeling better.  Remember, don't be afraid to take your pain medication if you need it.  Just drink extra water with it...  They send you home with Pain Medication for a reason!

303/197/153

tammypa
on 9/26/08 1:11 am - Philadelphia, PA
Liz,
Glad to hear that you are up and about..
If u are in pain - take the meds. Why suffer?
And yes, I am curious - how much did it weigh?
Tammy
Liz R.
on 9/26/08 1:17 am - Easton, PA
Thanks everyone! LOL Well Tammy & Pam - I haven't gotten on the scale since surgery (been afraid of the number from the gas/fluids) I will check tomorrow and update! I was down about 5 pounds pre-op getting me to 197 FINALLY! hopefully it stays off as I start to eat more regularly.

Thanks again everyone!

Liz
NANCYL
on 9/26/08 1:25 am - PHILA, PA
NANCYL
on 9/26/08 1:27 am - PHILA, PA
Liz,
Glad your feeling Better!!
I am not much of a poster but I do send cards alot Hope you like it.

Take crae,
Nancy
HopefulFuture
on 9/26/08 2:02 am - Boston, MA
Welcome home Liz!  Thanks so much for the update and I'm really glad your surgery went smoothly and that you are on the road to recovery.  I hope the pain gets better and better with each passing day.  Keep us posted on how you're doing!

Lisa :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views