I need somebody to sleep with...

Pam Hart
on 9/26/08 3:19 am - Easton, PA
Ok get your minds out of the gutter please....(but I intended you to go there, now didn't I?)

As you all know I work nights.  That means 5 out of 7 days I go to bed all by my lonesome during the day. (insert sad music here)  Sometimes a kitty will join me for an hour or two.

I have realized that on the 2 nights a week I actually DO get to share the bed with my husband I sleep better because I stay WARM.  Much to his dismay he is my own little radiator.  (He thinks I cling to him in bed because of love....HA!  Little does he know it's only his core body temperature I'm after!)

On days (like today) that I crawl into bed alone...I dress like nanook of the north.  I'm talking socks, flannel bottoms, a long sleeve shirt (or sometimes a sweatshirt) my blanket AND an afghan on me.

It is September.  What the heck do I do in February?  Especially in the hills of pennsylvania??

Santa might just very well have to bring me an electric blanket this year.

On this same note - we saw a cute piece of lingerie (that I can actually wear now, hee hee) and I said to him "hey - what do you think of that?" And he said "why waste your money - I'll get no enjoyment out of it?"  So I looked at him and said "Hey - I would look GOOD in this"  And he replies....yep you would...but I wouldn't know it because if you attempted to walk around the house like that you would be frost bitten.  If you wear something like that - you will be under the covers so fast it isn't even funny.

Ya know what, he's right.

Anybody further out get less cold (Dr. Pupkova told me once that it's worse when you are still losing weight cause your metabolism is working so hard it doesn't have enough energy to heat you - plus you lose your insulation - but when your metabolism starts maintaining your weight you will notice a slight decrease in the cold factor....I'm sooooo hoping this is true....)

Pam

Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
dit657
on 9/26/08 3:47 am - Boothwyn, PA
Your husband will hate you if you get an electric blanket - don't be fooled - he loves all that nuzzling!! Now you could do what I did - the puppy is very warm and sleeps right up against me - keeps me nice and toasty all night.

But yes, this cold thing is really weird and hard for me to understand, too - I'm so used to sweating and be super hot all the time that its really strange to find myself cold and covering with afghans even when I'm sitting and watching TV. And I swear the colder I get the hotter my husband gets!! He keeps turning the damn ceiling fans up and I keep turning them down. MEN!

See, I figured it was just the fact that I'm not carrying around a 'Pam' anymore that I was cold!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
bubble273
on 9/26/08 6:46 am - Levittown, PA
Pam,

I was LMAO your whole post!!! 

But it is funny how cold we are now.  Last night I jumped in bed and was like, oh, I better put my pants back on.  And also thought to myself, geez, it's almost time to bust out the flannel sheets.  I used to sleep in the buff and Garry and I warmed each other up.  Now, just like you, I'm covered from head to toe.  Well, not really, not just yet, but mainly a shirt.  But last night I was tempted to go to my drawer and get my pj pants out!!!  I did throw another blanket on the bed, though.  Such problems we're having!!!!  But I'll take it any day of the week.

Karen

oobiebus
on 9/26/08 7:05 am - pottstown, PA
Pam i just baught my sexy outfit for my hubby and he said why did i waste the money when i wont have it on long?(hahahahaha) I get so cold my hubby wont let me near him cause i am like an icebox as he puts it,so i have to also go to bed fully clothed socks and all!(my issues with the cold are from my thyroid) But look at it this way even if you can last a few minutes with the outfit on it will be worth it for the hubby!Hugs Trish

My Angel is  Jeanne2036  

I Am Officially At Goal!Yippeeeeee

Pam Hart
on 9/26/08 10:19 am - Easton, PA
LOL to funny!

I just wanted to say "WOW!!!"  Your new avatar is great - cause you are looking just mahvelous dahling, mahvelous!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
BellaNell
on 9/26/08 7:27 am - Pleasant Mt., PA
 Admittedly, your lead line got me...

It is absolutely amazing, isn't it?   I am so cold also...  Today  is NOT COLD, just damp.  I've already turned the heat on  AND now I started a fire in the woodstove.  How pathetic is that? And I'm wondering why the stove is not 'drawing' like it should... it's 60 degrees, duh!!!!  Let's hope we all adjust before it really gets cold!!  Keep snuggling!!!
jackie j
on 9/26/08 7:48 am - Glenmoore, PA
My husband, on the other hand, calls me his own thermo nuclear device.   I've been hot for at least a year now.   Hopefully your time will come.   I do remember all those layers....

Jackie J.    hugs.gif image by LISAH900   ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange  

1 choice @ a time > 1 day @ a time.   Slow to Succeed is still Success ;-)

Patricia R.
on 9/26/08 1:26 pm - Perry, MI
I had been experiencing the cold, and am not sure what this winter will hold.  I do know that I did not need my a/c on as much this summer, so we shall see.  Problem is, I have my own personal summers now that I am peri-menopausal, so I go from one extreme to the other.  Living alone, I am left to snuggle the cats and dress appropriately for bed.  BTW, the hills of PA do get colder than where I am, so buy yourself some cuddleduds underwear. 

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

CherylT
on 9/27/08 9:56 am - Perkasie, PA
Yes, me too.

:)

ShaunainHarleysville
on 9/28/08 1:06 am - Harleysville, PA
Pam,
I had the same probelm and really looked like I was having siezures due to how cold I was.  The cold actually hurts me.  I still get reallllly cold and need to handle the issue for about 6 months a year.
First we tried an electric blanket.  That works fine but the BED is still cold.  What worked for me, and I finally did it last year, is a heated mattress pad.  We don't even turn the electric blanket on anymore because I actually get TOO warm.  Get the pad first.  You'll save yourself some valuable time, money and SIEZURES!!!

Shauna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views