Give me a break!

Mike M.
on 9/26/08 3:19 am - Langhorne, PA
OK, I'm probably going to be lynched for this, but try eating some pizza or buffalo wings or some cheese fries... something you'll enjoy the heck out of on a ONE TIME ONLY basis with a high enough fat content to get you "moving" again.  Hey, if you have to go to an extreme, you might as well like it on the way in because you'll probably be hating it, though relieved, while it's on the way out.

Good luck,

Mike
Mary Benford
on 9/26/08 4:59 am - Emmaus, PA
Thanks everyone for your posts <3

Pam-   I've been trying to avoid that "oh my god, i need a toilet right now" type of  urgency, but at this point, I guess I don't really have a choice.  Thanks for your advice!

Mike - I'm crazy..  lol I haven't had anything full fat in over a year..   let alone carbs really..  and I wouldn't be able to get past the amount of calories that I could imagine would be in those to eat, let alone enjoy them!    Again...   Totally crazy!  But thanks for the suggestion...    Something's gotta give soon!

Success is a journey... not a destination!     

jackie j
on 9/26/08 7:56 am - Glenmoore, PA
Mary, how's your fluid intake?   Sounds like you are REALLY dehydrated from your illness.  64's not gonna cut it; your body's using that to re-hydrate its injured self and you don't have enough for a good BM.  Every drug you've put into it so far is fighting for the BM while your body is fighting to re-hydrate; creating a catch 22.  Drink, drink, drink!

Jackie J.    hugs.gif image by LISAH900   ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange  

1 choice @ a time > 1 day @ a time.   Slow to Succeed is still Success ;-)

J. M.
on 9/26/08 10:17 am
Like I always say....Broccoli and Beans, baby....Broccoli and beans.

Eat it consistently for a few days and you'll be clogging toilets in no time!

~ Jen   

Dolores O.
on 9/26/08 11:26 am
On September 26, 2008 at 5:17 PM Pacific Time, jmill2424 wrote:
Like I always say....Broccoli and Beans, baby....Broccoli and beans.

Eat it consistently for a few days and you'll be clogging toilets in no time!
Jen is soooo right.
Thank God I've never been constipated (except the first 2 wks after surgery).

But when I eat beans or broccoli...man...I GO.

:)

Dolores~

J. M.
on 9/26/08 12:53 pm
hahaha...see? it's true!

i eat them as a part of my everyday diet.  my principal came in to my classroom this afternoon and caught me snackin on my beans.  i get made fun of, but I am the most regular, biggest poopin gastric bypass patient you'll ever meet!

~ Jen   

sbrunell
on 9/27/08 4:16 pm - Bensalem, PA
I am sure this is TMI, but I never have been constipated. However, Dr. Pupkova recommended to my wife that she eats grapes (the skins are high fiber) and that she get a Fleet enema. I picked it up for her and it got things moving.

Hope I helped.
Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

Jan K.
on 9/27/08 11:42 pm - Was Jenkintown, PA but now NYC, PA
Hey Mary!

I've been AWOL from the boards for a while now but am just trying to catch up and see what folks are up to.  I hope by now you have had a good poop and I don't mean gas!  I don't have a problem going very often actually I am very regular but I think it's because I eat friut and activia light yoguart daily.  Also, if I feel like I am getting a little stuck, I eat something with sugar alcohols and that clears me out!

I hope everything comes out for you (hee hee hee PUN from the nun intended).

Jan
         You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
                                                                                 --Mahatma Ghandi 
                                 Celebrate Life, L'Chaim, Peace, Shalom

Melanie B.
on 9/28/08 4:31 am, edited 9/28/08 4:31 am - Doylestown, PA
drink some Fleet phospha Soda. If that doesn't make you poop your brains nothing will

I hope you're feeling better. I have been very fortunate (so far) to have no poop issues.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views