2 year appt with Dr. Brader

Nicole0216
on 9/25/08 7:20 am - Lancaster, PA
Hey all. I had my 2 year visit with Dr. Brader today. It was a good visit. He says that I am a success story as far as WLS patients go. I have a 30 BMI from a 53 starting BMI. I have lost 77% of my excess weight. My labs were perfect. And he is stoked. I am trying to be stoked. It is harder when you have a number in your head that you want to get to. The weight scales say I should be at 140 which he is says is ridiculous. he usually adds 30 lbs to that. well that would put me in a realistic range so I will go with that. 
I talked with his nutritionist, she was very nice and I got alot of my questions answered. It is not as easy as it is right after surgery to figure things out. She and I determiend that I need to be within 1,000 to 1,200 calories a day. 70 grms of protein. around 4 meals a day. She said that even at 2 years post op I really should only be eating around 1 cup of food per meal. I have definately been pushing it. 
The excercise guy is awesome he sat down with me a developed a realistic excercise schedule for me and is going to mee with me in 6 weeks to see how i am doing. This program is awesome, he is awesome. I cant for the life of me figure out why the local folk are still going to Reading, Hershey and Harrisburg. I drove 2 hrs for Dr. B before and I would do it again. They have him right in their backyard and dont even know it. Gotta do some promotion for them, LOL
So all in all I should be very happy with my progress. I will let that sink in. :)
bubble273
on 9/25/08 8:46 am - Levittown, PA
That's GREAT, Nicole!!!  You've done so well and you should be very proud of yourself.  WAY TO GO!!!

Karen

EileenWalton
on 9/25/08 9:20 am
Great Report, Nicole.  And I agree with you about Dr. Brader and his group.  I met him for the first time at the Spring pilgrimage and was very impressed with him and the staff he brought with him.  Lucky for you he ended up in your backyard.
Eileen

Patricia R.
on 9/25/08 9:49 am - Perry, MI
Nicole,
I am so proud of you, girl.  You are a great example of successing.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Pam Hart
on 9/25/08 11:28 am - Easton, PA
You go girl!!  Try to allow Dr. Brader's enthusiasm carry over to you.  I know it can be hard when you don't feel like you are where you need to be.  And remember one of those little facts "A 30 BMI down from 53 BMI"  Let me tell you - that's incredible news right there!!!

Good luck w/ your new(er) eating and exercise program and continue working your tool.

You have and continue to be, an inspiration on this board.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
HopefulFuture
on 9/25/08 1:20 pm - Boston, MA

Wonderful news Nicole!  I am so happy for you!!  Congratulations on all you have achieved and will continue to achieve.  You have so much to be proud of and so much to be stoked about ;)  Definitely let it sink in :)

Lisa :)

dit657
on 9/25/08 9:41 pm - Boothwyn, PA
What a fantastic journey you've had, and it sounds like Dr Brader is extremely pleased with what you've accomplished - you should be so proud of yourself!! I love the fact that they are still working with you as well - that speaks volumes as to the level of their commitment to you and this surgery.

I also like the fact that he's realistic enough to know that people like us who have been so heavy may never be able to achieve those ridiculous weight chart ranges - especially depending on our bodies and how we're built. Find your comfort zone and stick with that.

Again, congratulations on your fantastic journey!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
CherylT
on 9/25/08 9:57 pm - Perkasie, PA
You have done a wonderful job, be very proud of yourself!

:)

Cheryl

tammypa
on 9/25/08 10:17 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Nicole,
Congratulations on your two years of successing. Listen to the Dr Brader - you should be stoked!  You have accomplished so much. He is proud of  you - now you have to be proud of you.  I know it is hard for your brain to accept it - but you look wonderful.  And your labs show how healthy you are.   You are an inspiration to us all! Tammy
keri2008
on 9/25/08 10:31 pm - PA
Congratulations Nicole, that's amazing!  You've obviously worked your tool and done a fantastic job.  All of your support on the boards is inspirational and your open heart to do the Beck group is such a blessing.  I know it's hard to be stoked and proud when you put your accomplishments against where you want to be - but that is for tomorrow.  In the now, look at where you were and how far you have come.  So much to be proud of!  Thanks for being such a wonderful contributor to the PA boards and sharing your journey of success with us which motivates and inspires me on a daily basis.

Keri
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views