Happy 1 Month Out!

Melanie B.
on 9/24/08 11:38 pm - Doylestown, PA
to me and Lesley!

I can't believe it's been a month today. Seems like yesterday somedays and others it feels like i've been doing this forever now.

I "started" soft foods last night and that didn't go over so well, so i'm back to shakes and cream of wheat today

Down 33 lbs (holy CHIT) and wearing a size 18 (down from a 24) Sadly no one in my family has said a single word that i'm looking thinner yet - kinda makes me sad, but then again they see me everyday.

Overall I'm very happy, although I still mourn food sometimes and have come to realize (as a wise man once told me - Dennis....) that eating for me now is a chore I must do and no longer something I do for comfort and enjoyment.

Lesley, i hope you are doing equally as well and I look forward ot seeing you at next months meeting.

tracyb330
on 9/24/08 11:43 pm - Temple, PA
Congrats Melanie,
You are doing great. Soft foods were hard for me but once I got started it got easier. Now at 9 weeks out I have no problems eating at all. It's great. Are you going to the OH event OCt 4th? If so, I will see you there.

Take care,
Tracy
5'9 and a size 6...I love my tool.
Melanie B.
on 9/25/08 1:13 am - Doylestown, PA
yes mam I am! See you there! I might not even recognize you at this point since you're getting so skinny!

Lesley G.
on 9/24/08 11:48 pm - Allegan, MI
Thank you Melanie!  Happy one month out to you too! 

I can't believe it's been a month already.  I feel great, and I'm definitely feeling like my energy level is getting back to normal.  Purees have been agreeing with me well, and I'm looking forward to starting soft foods on Monday.  Eating really has become a chore, and I often find myself thinking "OMG, do I have to eat again already?  Ugh!!!"  Believe me, I *never* thought such things before surgery!

I'm going to stop at Barix later and weigh myself there for an official weigh-in, as my home scale is safely hidden away.

Lesley
Shan08
on 9/25/08 12:08 am - the Skook, PA
YOU GO GIRL!!
I'm so happy for you!

(((HUGS)))

"If you want something bad enough, you'll find it.
If you don't, you'll find excuses."
Pam Hart
on 9/25/08 12:17 am - Easton, PA
Congratulations to you both!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Laureen S.
on 9/25/08 12:23 am - Maple Shade, NJ

Melanie,

Congrats on being one month post-op and down 33 lbs.!  Reading your post and Lesley's brought back so many memories, hard to believe how quickly time flies. . . 

Best wishes as you continue to see the results of successing!

Hugs, L

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

New_Beginnings_36
on 9/25/08 12:37 am - PA
Congrats Melanie & Lesley! I'm so glad that both of you are doing so well :)

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
dit657
on 9/25/08 12:49 am - Boothwyn, PA
Congratulations Ladies!! You're both doing so great!! I had a tough time whenever I transitioned from one food stage to the next for a couple of days, but it will get easier. Heck I still have problems with food at 7+ months out - just take your time and try moving into the next phase slowly.

Are you taking pictures? My family didn't say a whole lot at first, but now they do - I do think its because they see us every day. Even my boss said that - she went away for a week around my 3 month time and came back and said 'Oh my god you're melting away!! We have to go away to see how much you've really change!', so that made me feel really good. Wait til you see someone you haven't seen since surgery...they'll let you know how great you're doing!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Melanie B.
on 9/25/08 1:14 am - Doylestown, PA
I am video blogging on You-Tube but plan to only take my picture once a month. So today I will take a new picture for my 1 month. I'm excited to see the change myself.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views