"Oh, my God, you weigh less than me!!!"

ktreavis
on 9/25/08 7:15 pm - PA
Thanks Pam, I guess I have finally just had enough. I am trying to be nice about it but it is hard. Have you read "Anatomy of a food addict" or do you know anyone who has? I am thinking about getting it for reference. I never was a food addict, but I think my sis is. Anyhow thanks for thinking of me.

Katie

Progress not perfection

Pam Hart
on 9/26/08 12:12 am - Easton, PA
I have not read it - although I have heard good things about it.  Just can't remember who from!  Good luck!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
EileenWalton
on 9/25/08 7:13 am
I have had lots of people say that to me, and I always take it as a compliment.  If anyone feels threatened by my weight loss, that's on them.  There's nothing or no one who is going to make me feel bad because I chose to become healthy.  Having said that, I can tell you that my biggest challenge is my own husband.  He always weighed less than me, and really didn't like to think that I could weigh less than him.  He went on a well-needed diet when I had my surgery and has since lost about 60 lbs.  He goes to the gym everyday and eats very healthy foods.  I am now only about 20 lbs heavier than him right now and I know that I will definitely get below him in the future.  We laugh about it a lot, but I know it's killing him.  But in the end, what we both will end up with is about 10 or more years of life.  So the way I see it, it's a win/win situation.

Enjoy your new life Karen.  Don't let friends and family bring you down.  You have done an incredible job.  Be proud of that!
Eileen

Happy to be in
Onederland

on 9/25/08 12:13 pm
As soon as I hit one-derland, my best friend said "Oh, **** I'd better get my ass in gear".  Well needless to say, she has done nothing to get there.  Its kind of funny.  When I offer my oversized clothing to my friends, they all say, why are you offering it to me, you are the skinniest person we know. I can't wrap my mind around that one yet.  It's mind bending, especially at work when I realize I am only 20# heavier than the thinnest person there.  I still have this image in my head of me as a 400# person.  I don't think that will ever go away. 

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

oobiebus
on 9/26/08 7:13 am - pottstown, PA
OMG! I heard it just the other day!My daughter says mom its not fair your skinnier than me,My mom says ok i think your done losing now you are going to be thinner than me OH YEA I AM!!!!!!!!
 Co-workers dont get it either,when i admit how much i weighed pre surgery the look at me and say,,I dont believe you weighed that much?Well yea i did why do you think i needed surgery!DUH!!!Hugs Trish

My Angel is  Jeanne2036  

I Am Officially At Goal!Yippeeeeee

J. M.
on 9/26/08 10:58 pm
Although they are your family and friends, try to stay away from those insecure people who have issues of their own.  It happened to me last weekend and one of my best friends told me Im self-absorbed now. HA! I can even see and accept what I've become, how am I self absorbed????

People with their own insecurities will have a very hard time. Take it with a grain of salt and surround yourself with those who dont say things like that.

You are doing awesome!

~ Jen   

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views