Liz Update #2

Pam Hart
on 9/24/08 1:37 am - Easton, PA
I just got off the phone with our liz....

She sounded great and upbeat as normal.  They gave her lortab (like after wls) and it's helping with the pain...she said she is trying to not take as much today and "see how she does"  Yesterday she walked up her stairs - and by the end of that was worn out so she turned around and went back downstairs.

Today she was able to walk outside, get the mail, and sit in the sun for a little while which she said was great. 

Still pretty sore - the nausea is under control - and of course the pain meds make her a little dizzy shortly after taking them but it passes fairly quickly.  Chris was home with her this morning - he just left for work - and either her mom or her aunt (or both) will be over very shortly to make her lunch and visit for awhile.  In the meantime one of her kitties was laying with her.  She also mentioned possibly going upstairs again today and maybe getting on the computer if the flight of stairs doesn't wipe her out.

She also hopes to try to go to work as early as Monday....

And of course thanks everyone for their kind wishes on the boards and through email which I told her were being kept updated on Monday night by Shauna via email and myself via the boards.  She "can't wait to read everything"  I passed along to keep resting and healing and not to rush anything, and all the good thoughts that were being sent her way.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Arlene E.
on 9/24/08 1:56 am - Philadelphia, PA
 Thanks Pam

Sounds like Liz is on the mend.  Please send her my very best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Arlene
EileenWalton
on 9/24/08 4:15 am
Unfortunately I missed the first update....but I was thinking about her.  Glad she is feeling better.  Please send her my best.
Eileen

Pam Hart
on 9/24/08 11:49 am - Easton, PA

The first one was only that on Monday night she was coming home.  Shauna had spoken to Chris (the hubby of Liz) and he had let her know in the evening she was waiting to find out if she could go home.  Then we found out she was on her way home.  She was pretty sore at that time and had a bit of nausea but was otherwise ok.

Today she sounded pretty good!

Pam

Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Gail M.
on 9/24/08 1:08 pm - Scranton, PA
Pam,
   I've been out of touch because my computer was broke..please give me a break update on Liz.  Also anything else that I may have missed would be appreciated.
Gail

Pam Hart
on 9/25/08 3:10 am - Easton, PA
Gail -

Let's see......

Liz had her pesky gallbladder removed on monday.  It has been giving her problems for about two months now...there were issues with her getting diagnosed...dr. boe did an endoscopy at barix to make sure it was ulcers or a pouch problem...she was still in a lot of pain....then she eventually followed up w/ dr. brader at lancaster (her original surgeon was brader when he was at barix)  There were problems getting films to where they needed to be...finally went for a hida scan ordered by brader...found out it was the gallbladder.  She had a different surgeon remove the gallbladder as brader is over 2 hours away from her and for a "minor" procedure, she didn't want her family having to drive her that far.

Other updates...

I am moving to pa...I start Lehigh Valley Hospital Nov 3.  We are still looking for a place to live (yikes!) and need to move either on halloween or the day after (sat nov 1)  Looking for a 2+ bedroom, preferably single house, rural but within 30-45 mins of LVH....that takes cats...which is proving more difficult than I had anticipated

Lisa (not the one from boston....) got married and is incredibly happy

Jen (not miller, one of the "newer" members of the boards (I think...now that her picture is not in front of me I can't remember her name - how sad) husband was in a traumatic accident that left him with head and spine injuries.  He was in a trauma icu for a bit and is now at home recovering....lots of thoughts and prayers to her and the family....

Nicole Lewis is putting together a seminar for some co workers - they are letting her pick the topic - she is a therapist - and she is doing it on dealing with post wls patients and what to expect and how to handle them - asking us for advice on what we think about, well, HOW we think.....

Andy went through a bit of a rough time with not making right choices and not exercising and not feeling "into" everything, especially after his move to MD.  Dennis posted for him and then he was at the last Barix meeting for some much needed support

Shauna had an abdominoplasty and lateral thigh lift and looks AWESOME and is healing well

Mike had an abdominoplasty and hernia repair and is healing - we have not seen him - although he has posted a few times - and I'm sure he looks fantastic

Cheryl Schulman ALSO had plastics done (I think abdominoplasty and thighs - but I might be mistaken on the exact procedure) 3 weeks before Cheryl and is looking quite svelt herself!

Dennis was going through some emotional times and needed to be picked up from his "blue" (his words) mood - so we did just that to the best of our abilities at the meeting...

Oh, Nicole Lewis is also hosting a "class" on Tuesday nights based on the "Beck Diet Solution Book" which is actually not a diet book....they started two weeks ago and the group seems to like it thus far  they meet in the pa chat forum on Tuesday nights at 9:30.  I will eventually get the book from the reviews I have heard thus far....won't join in on the "class" this late....

Uh....I'm sure there's TONS of things that I am missing....but those are a few highlights.

Hope all is well!

Pam

Gail M.
on 9/25/08 11:07 am - Scranton, PA
Thank you so much Pam.  I can't believe all that I missed.  Wow.  I hope they are all doing ok and positive thoughts and prayers are with them.
Gail

HopefulFuture
on 9/25/08 2:57 am - Boston, MA
Thank you so much for checking in on Liz and for updating us all Pam.  I'm so glad she is doing well and if you talk to her again, please let her know we are all thinking of her!

Lisa :)

Gail M.
on 9/25/08 11:08 am - Scranton, PA
Lisa,
  You look great.  Love your new avatar!

HopefulFuture
on 9/26/08 2:27 am - Boston, MA
Thank you so much Gail!!!  Really nice to see you posting -- we've missed you!

Lisa :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views