It wasn't the watermelon...it was the cheese!!

(deactivated member)
on 9/23/08 7:07 am
Thank you to everyone *****sponded to my whinning about dumping last night.  I found out...by eating the same cheese I had last night WITH the watermelon, that is WASNT the watermelon that made me dump...it was the stinking cheese!!  I ate only the cheese about 15 minutes ago and now I am having the same dumping symptoms as last night.  Cheese???  Oh for goodness sake!  Don't ask me what is in this cheese that is different than any other cheese I have ever eaten without a reaction.  My dogs LOVE that I had this surgery....they get so many goodies!!  They thought the cheese was great LOL

hg
rachelstarr
on 9/23/08 7:15 am - PA
Oh my...im sorry to hear about your dumping....but im glad you found out what was the cause. Take care

Rachel
keri2008
on 9/23/08 9:50 am - PA
Wow, that's wild!  I know that before surgery I would have trouble with certain blue cheeses sometimes.  But at least you found out what it was, that's a huge plus!

Keri
Patricia R.
on 9/23/08 10:05 am - Perry, MI
Heather,
what kind of cheese made you dump?  What it high in fat?  I can't imagine getting sick on cheese, as that is a staple food in my kitchen. 

Glad you figured it out, but sorry you had to suffer for it.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

(deactivated member)
on 9/23/08 10:18 am

It was a brie....and it was my sugar dump, not my fat  or sugar alcohol dump.  Weird!  I don't think Brie has sugar. 

Pam Hart
on 9/23/08 11:26 am - Easton, PA
???

Wow Heather...well I can honestly say that is weird.  Like everyone else, glad you figured it out, but sorry you had to figure it out that way.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
jackie j
on 9/23/08 12:29 pm - Glenmoore, PA
You are too funny!   You said your sensitivity has changed.  Maybe that includes fats now.  I've always been worse with fats than sugars.  But I just get REALLY noisy.  Glad you figured it out, don't buy that brand again!

Jackie J.    hugs.gif image by LISAH900   ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange  

1 choice @ a time > 1 day @ a time.   Slow to Succeed is still Success ;-)

Arlene E.
on 9/23/08 12:35 pm - Philadelphia, PA
 And there I was eating watermelon a few hours ago thinking about you and wondering if i would react the same way.  So far i'm fine.  But i do know that cheese can cause major stomach problems.
You may be a bit lactose intolerant.    

arlene
(deactivated member)
on 9/23/08 12:42 pm
It wasn't stomach, it was heart pounding , shaking and panicky feeling....not the stomach/intestinal thing I can get with fat or lactose.  I did eat the rest of the watermelon tonight....no reaction at all.  Good thing since I love watermelon LOL
Mary Benford
on 9/23/08 6:08 pm - Emmaus, PA
 Cheese????    How strange!!   Glad you're ok, but I'm dying to know what was up with that cheese that would make you dump!   Was it full fat?   maybe it was the high fat grams in it?   I find full fat peanut butter makes me dumpy, but reduced fat is fine, and same with some other items....   Maybe that could be???

Anyhow, at least we know what's making you uncomfortable!

Success is a journey... not a destination!     

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views