Plastic Surgery - Abdominoplasty

IdaMae D.
on 9/23/08 3:31 am - Philadelphia, PA
To everyone out there that have had their tummy tucks. If you paid out of pocket and do not mind sharing information with me, I am curious as to what the cost was, and who your surgeon was.
It looks as if I will be paying out of pocket for my tummy tuck if I want to have it. The insurance company has had me jumping through hoops for the last year. I'm on my last appeal so I want to get all my information together so I can move forward with this prior to my retirement.

IdaMae

Pam Hart
on 9/23/08 6:33 am - Easton, PA
Get in touch with Shauna....she doesn't frequent the boards as much....but I'm pretty sure she was self pay and would probably be willing to talk to you about everything.

I believe Cheryl Schuman also had abdominoplasty but I'm not real sure

And then there is mike....his was combined with a hernia repair....

Good luck!  I might be coming to YOU for information in the next coming years.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
IdaMae D.
on 9/25/08 1:31 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Pam,
Thanks for the response. Shauna and I have communicated by our private emails.

IdaMae

jdruski
on 9/23/08 7:55 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi,

I had two panni (s).  The first one I paid around $10,000.00.  Everything was included.  The second one that I just had in January the insurance company approved quickly.

If you are on your final appeal and can go to a branch office, go and SHOW them why you need the surgery.  The insurance handler at the PS office recommends this even though I don't know if I could have done it.

If you are cash pay, Dr. Adrian Lo is terrific.  He was the PS that I went to for my first.

Good luck to you.  I hope your appeal is successful.

Jeanne

IdaMae D.
on 9/25/08 1:34 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Jeanne,
My wife works in the insurance industry. She spoke with some of the appeals people in her company and showed them my pictures and rashes, etc. Like they explained to her I'll never be approved as medically necessary due to not having my Pani hanging down to my knees. The rashed and infections can be controlled via medications and topical applications so if I want this it will be coming out of pocket.
Ida has spoken to Shauna and has the name of her PS, I also am going to check with the PS I was planning to use to see what he will charge me out of pocket. I will also look into the doc you mentioned.
Thanks,

IdaMae

jdruski
on 9/25/08 3:08 am - Philadelphia, PA
Gene,

Best wishes and luck to you.  Let me know how you make out and what you decide.

Jeanne
Mike M.
on 9/26/08 3:24 am - Langhorne, PA
Feel free to shoot me a PM with exactly what you are looking to have done and I can give you some recommendations as well as some cost comparison points.  :-)

Good luck!

Mike
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views