Feeling MUCH better!! But really p*ssed!

tanya72100
on 9/23/08 1:36 am - Schuylkill Haven, PA
Im feeling better. Seems I have stool traveling in spurts all thru my intestines!! Lucky me! I was in the need of IV fluids! lucky me again! Then I left the ER after about 12 hours!!

I do have to laugh and said im pissed and slightly irratated!! I had my diet advanced 3 times now. I have tolerated food wonderfully and have no problems. Some issues with going potty but otherwise fine. Im close to 4 weeks out lost over 40 lbs and feel great. So let me say this on here! YES!! I can have whatever the heck my doc tells me!! As long as i tolerate it!!

Im pissed. Just because someone else had the same surgery does not! make them the God of all experts and yes I will listen to my sweet doc who has been a dream!  If he tells me i can have shrimp by all means man back off!!! 1 shrimp is not going to send me into a addict going to Red Lobster for the all you can eat shrimp fest!!

Rant over!! thank you for listening!!!

Shan08
on 9/23/08 3:43 am, edited 9/23/08 3:59 am - the Skook, PA

cheer up!
glad u feel better!

"If you want something bad enough, you'll find it.
If you don't, you'll find excuses."
tanya72100
on 9/23/08 4:01 am - Schuylkill Haven, PA
Ha, well this guy was not nice. He told me friend i was going to fail misreably because i ate shrimp. Constructive critiscm is one thing. Rude behavior is just plain stupid and child like :)

dit657
on 9/23/08 4:35 am - Boothwyn, PA
All of our surgeons are different (and nuts) and have us progress thru food stages at different times/levels (and we tend to forget that sometimes) - but if your doc said it was okay for you to have shrimp and you can tolerate it then by all means go for it. I myself didn't try shrimp for a long time because I still have a difficult time digesting tougher foods, and sometimes shrimp can be too well done and tough. But that's just me.

But you're doing wonderfully!!! Congratulations on such a significant weight loss so far - that's fabulous!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
BellaNell
on 9/23/08 9:19 am - Pleasant Mt., PA
 You said something very important.... "sometimes shrimp can be too well done and tough.'  I believe that is so true with many proteins...folks, try medium rare steak or burger, or VERY CAREFULLY grilled chicken or pork.  I find it is very frustrating to eat out, since much chicken and pork is OVERDONE and dry...no wonder we have trouble with it!!!!  Softer fish--talapia, haddock, cod are easier to digest..... again, just my opinion after 11 months out.
HopefulFuture
on 9/24/08 2:42 pm - Boston, MA

Glad you are feeling so much better!

Lisa :)

joldaker
on 9/26/08 12:15 am - West Bradford, PA
Well there you have it. I am going to eat shrimp too. I wish I could go to the OH thing and we could all eat shrimp together.

Why the heck would someone think shrimp is not ok?? Stupid people

Jen
Highest Wt 299.8 / Surg Wt 285 / Curr Wt 157
DebiMcK23
on 9/26/08 2:04 am - Aston, PA
Glad you are feeling better.  I agree, go with what your doctor tells you.  Shrimp is an excellent source of protein.  After saying that, I do have to tell everyone my experience with jumbo shrimp at 6 weeks out.  I ate 3 jumbo shrimp and didn't chew well enough.  The shrimp became like jelly in my belly and well, I spent 5 hours trying to puke it up.  It was horrible.  If I hadn't been 2 hours away from home, and 3 hours away from Barix, I would have been at the hospital.  But now that I know how to chew, I am fine with shrimp.  In fact, I had it last night!

303/197/153

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views