OT: Hubby's Progress from Accident

HopefulFuture
on 9/24/08 2:30 pm - Boston, MA

I am so terribly sorry you are going through all of this Jen.  I will definitely keep you and Jack in my thoughts and in my prayers.

Thinking of you both,
Lisa :)

evrblue
on 7/6/12 3:57 pm - McConnellsburg, PA
I wanted to say Thanks for everyone's prayers and support. After a long absence from the boards I am back again...
My husband Jack, passed away from Leukemia July 16, 2010. It has been a very hard 2 years since his death, but I am trying to make a life for myself now. Part of that "picking up life again" is getting serious about WLS. Looking forward to talking with all of you again.

evrblue
on 10/3/08 3:52 pm - McConnellsburg, PA
Thanks to all of you who have been so good to me and Jack with your prayers and thoughts. It has gotten us to where we are so far...

Jack is doing better with his personal care, and wearing his braces and things. He has also been going to his regular AA meeting. He has several doctor appointments in the next two weeks with CT and MRI scans to see how the fractures in his neck and back are healing. He still has some hemotoma between his brain and skull, they are healing, but they cause one hell of a headache.

His attitude is more grouchy than unpredictable like before. We talk some, we bicker some, it's about 50/50. He's still sleeping in the guest room...he likes it. I wish he would come back to bed with me...I really miss the personal contact.  There are still days when he says he's not sure he wants to come home after rehab. I just have to accept his choice and move on.

It looks like he'll be going into D&A rehab on the 20th. They tailor each person's program differently so I don't know how long his stay will be. I will miss him so much, it will be as hard on me as it will be on him.

Thanks again everyone for all the support.
jen m.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views