Philadelphia Phoenix Dragon Boats Open House

jackie j
on 9/23/08 4:10 am - Glenmoore, PA

I  tried this and it was alot of fun and surprisingly alot easier to do that I would have thought.   Here's an opportunity to try it for free.

Check out the website:     http://philadelphiaflyingphoenix.org/

Open House to be held on Sunday, October 5th. from 2:00-4:00. You will have the opportunity to meet members of the team, go out on the river for a taste of Dragon Boating and enjoy some refreshments.  Directions to our dock below. You will pull into the parking lots located next to the St. Joseph's and Temple Boathouses. You will see our tables set up - just look for the balloons and lots of women in red and black team shirts. We hope you are planning on going out on the river so just wear comfortable clothes. Your feet may get wet so you want to wear either sandals, flip flops, boat shoes or sneakers. 

Contact me for directions and the person to RSVP to. 

Jackie J.    hugs.gif image by LISAH900   ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange  

1 choice @ a time > 1 day @ a time.   Slow to Succeed is still Success ;-)

Arlene E.
on 9/23/08 6:21 am - Philadelphia, PA
 Jackie

I have a friend who has done this with the Breast Cancer survivor group and LOVES it!!!!! She has traveled all over for competition.  Id love to get involved in this sport - i love the water.  Anyway, I have tickets to a NY show that day and am so disappointed.  I'd rather do this.  If I can't make it on the 5th when else can i check this out?

arlene

jackie j
on 9/23/08 7:57 am - Glenmoore, PA
arlene, I'll send you the contact info.  I'd love to do the team too but my work interferes with the practices, maybe someday when something changes.   Great group of folks, very positive and upbeat and the exercise would be great.  Might be very inspiring for you....maybe chocolate even.

GinaB308
on 9/23/08 6:28 am - PA
Hey Jackie,

I would be interested; I will be down Kelly Drive on Saturday running(preparing for the Lung  cancer 5K) but i will head back on sunday for this..  Which crew are you involved with, the recreational, competitve , or survivor team.  I have never rowed before but would like to give it a shot.  i will pm you with my personal e-mail.

Gina

Nicole0216
on 9/24/08 4:05 am - Lancaster, PA

hey i just read this. so will you be doing this?

jackie j
on 9/24/08 8:24 am - Glenmoore, PA
I won't be able to that day.   If there's a rain delay I might be avail. to do it the 12th.  That's the weekend of the OH Sat. event and I've got a class reunion Fri. night. AND my step-daughter all weekend.   I must spend some time with her on Sunday.  I'll have to get in touch with the folks running it and see if they'd put together something for a group.  They'd charge for it but it would probably be about $25 a piece which isn't too bad.  I'll let you know.

Nicole0216
on 9/24/08 9:28 am - Lancaster, PA
thanks i would definately be interested
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views