Hi, my name is Tracy and I am a scale-aholic

tracyb330
on 9/22/08 11:07 pm - Temple, PA

It’s been 8 days since my last weigh in. I put my scale away because I was getting on it almost every day and I would let that number determine what kind of day I was going to have. This was the best thing I have ever done for myself (besides having the surgery of course). I go to water aerobic classes 2 nights a week and am at the gym 2-3 days a week plus I walk as much as I can. I feel great. I don’t need that number to go down to feel good. I am so glad I put it away and might only weigh myself monthly. If any of you are addicted to the scale….PUT IT AWAY. You will feel so much better.

Have a great day.

Tracy

5'9 and a size 6...I love my tool.
Laureen S.
on 9/22/08 11:21 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Yup, you are right, the scale ruled my days for a time, but no more, now it's about making the right choices, knowing that along with exercise is what is going to get me to where I want to be!  Hooray for you!

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

tammypa
on 9/22/08 11:24 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Tracy,
I know you are right, but I am addicted to the scale. I get on it first thing in the morning and
can not walk by it with out stepping on it. I know it is sick - but I can't stop it. I know there are
more of my kind out there also.
Tammy
GinaB308
on 9/23/08 12:34 am - PA
Hey Tammy,
I am right there with you; I am almost 11 mo. out and it is my morning ritual.  I find it keeps me in check. 

Gina

Melanie B.
on 9/22/08 11:57 pm - Doylestown, PA
Great job Tracy on all that working out! That is the big thing missing from my life right now....but I'm determined to figure out how to add some sort of exercise...somehow.

For me, i do weigh myself daily - but thus far, it does not mentally effect me. I went through a 10 day stall at 2 weeks out and was pretty pissy about it, but happy when the scale finally started to move again. However it's didn't torture me. Perhaps someday it will and i will have to throw the thing out the window, but for now it seems cool.

Oh and BTW, 50lbs! that is so fantasitc! congrats.

Pam Hart
on 9/23/08 12:13 am - Easton, PA
<----- recovering scale a holic

I went into "rehab" about 5 mos out of surgery when I totally lost it cause my monthly friend had caused me to gain some weight due to water retention and I went totally crazy.  I had hubby "kidnap" the scale when I went to bed and put it in a hiding spot.

I must admit - it is out now.  And yes, I do weigh myself at least once a week, but no more than twice.

After my "cold turkey" with the scale for over one month, I realized I couldn't let numbers rule my life and I needed to focus on what was important to my new healthy lifestyle.

Good for you!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
dit657
on 9/23/08 1:10 am - Boothwyn, PA
That old scale habit is hard one to break, Tracy, but it sounds like you're moving in the right direction. For some people weighing daily is a good thing, but for others its just a daily torture ritual we put ourselves. Trust me, nobody wants to see that sucker moving down than I do, but I know that if I saw it going up it would freak me out and I would end up sabotaging myself because I would feel that this was just one more thing that didn't work for me.

For the first 6 months I only weighed in at Barix when I went - and it was wonderful so see how much those numbers went down. Now I weigh myself once a week or every other week - depending on that time of month thing - I know better than to weigh then. But since I"m eating more now I do want to keep things in check. And I keep it IN the closet, so I have to literally pull that heavy sucker out when I do decide to weigh myself. Its what works for me...

I have found that my clothing and the way I feel are my biggeset motivators - having new sizes suddenly falling off again and just doing more and feeling like I want to do more tells me all I need to know!

Congrats on breaking that ugly habit...sounds like you're doing wonderfully - keep up the great work!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Shan08
on 9/23/08 3:48 am - the Skook, PA

It was something reading your post... it was just yesterday that my dh threatened to lock away my scale.  I'm thinking it wouldn't be such a bad idea!

"If you want something bad enough, you'll find it.
If you don't, you'll find excuses."
marsha62865
on 9/23/08 7:40 am
OMG this is me to the other day i kicked the scale cause i gained and my bf just shook his head lol....Marsha

tracyb330
on 9/23/08 9:23 am - Temple, PA
I'm glad I am not the only one. I know there will be a time when I will weigh myself everyday to keep me on track but right now I need to focus on my protein, water and excercising.

Thank you all for your input.

Tracy
5'9 and a size 6...I love my tool.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views