Very exciting wow moment for me!!!

bubble273
on 9/22/08 12:57 pm - Levittown, PA
Just had to share, because I'm feeling soooooooooooooo good about myself.

I went shopping with my best friend last Thursday and we were in Macy's.  Now, let me start off by saying I have been in Macy's maybe a total of like 2 times my whole life.  Just not my kind of store.  I always thought of Macy's as too expensive and people who are snobbish.  Sorry....no offense to anybody who shops there.  Just my impression, but I think I've been wrong all along.

Anway, I needed to buy a dress for two weddings coming up.  Well, I got one and if I do say so myself, I looked amazing in it.  And I can't wait for me to take pictures and to post them on here.  The wedding is on October 11 and the other one is November 1.  The one in October, I'm going down to my hairdresser's so she can style my hair the way it's supposed to be styled.  I'm sooooooooooo excited.  This is the first time I have EVER looked forward to buying a dress and to go to a wedding.  I always dreaded it.  Oh, and the dress is a size 14!!!

Then I bought a pair of jeans size 14 and an extra large shirt.  Went out on Saturday with my sister-in-law and danced my rear end off.  Well, not really....there's still junk in the trunk :)  But I had a blast.  And one of Shannon's friends apparently was digging me!!!  I was like what???  He liked me.  This is all new.  I'm not really interested in him, but it was very flattering.

Then today I went back to Macy's -- I'm becoming a snob...just kidding -- and I bought 5 shirts and they were all size large!!!  OMG!!!! WHAT????  A size large???  This is just insane.  But I'm loving it!!!  Yeah me :)  And the best part is I spent $40.00 on 5 shirts!!!  So maybe Macy's isn't so bad :)  You just have to look for the sales :)

THIS SURGERY IS THE BEST!!!!!  THANK YOU, DR. BOE!!!!  AND THANK YOU BARIX!!!!

Karen

(deactivated member)
on 9/22/08 1:13 pm

Yay for you, Karen!!!  You should feel good about yourself....you are beautiful and sweet and kind and an all around amazing person!  Can't wait to see the pictures of the dress.

HG

Pam Hart
on 9/22/08 1:36 pm - Easton, PA
oooohhhh....I wanna see picturees of you in the dress NOW!!  Good for you Karen!!  And you can be a snob if you want!  LOL  That's such a great wow moment!!  And yep - you DO look amazing!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Patricia R.
on 9/22/08 1:38 pm - Perry, MI
Way to go Karen.  That is awesome.  Keep up the great work.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

evrblue
on 9/22/08 6:59 pm - McConnellsburg, PA
I went to Macy's when I was in NYC in 2000. They actually had a nice selection of regular and plus size dresses for special occasion.
Congratulations on finding a great dress and  that you found some other nice things in your new size!

ktreavis
on 9/22/08 7:50 pm - PA
Way to go Karen - I am glad to see you doing so well, hope you have many more wow moments to come. - Katie

Progress not perfection

Arlene E.
on 9/22/08 9:44 pm - Philadelphia, PA
 Karen

Keep enjoying all these awesome moments.  I can't wait to see photos of you at the wedding. Oh yeh - you do look great and your attitude is catching.

arlene
FlourPower
on 9/22/08 10:02 pm - PA
I love thid  type of post.  What a great thing for you to experience....WAY TO GO !!!!

Isn't life such an adventure now????

Congrats!!

Chrissy

[

dit657
on 9/22/08 10:16 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Oh great Karen - now I'll have to go to Macy's to see what this is all about!! LOL!!! Oh man I am so happy for you!!! I know you've had a tough time of it lately, too, so you deserve all this happiness and these wonderful WOW moments!! I'm so happy for you!!

Kathy

And I agree 100% about Dr Boe and Barix - they are an awesome team!

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
NANCYL
on 9/22/08 10:18 pm - PHILA, PA
Awesome News Karen,
I have coupons to Macy's Pm me your address I can mail them to go $10.00 off $30.00
I also have TWO really pretty black dresses one is a size 14 and the other size 12 you are more the welcome to borrow them if you want something different. One is a Evan Piccone and the other I think is a Jones I brought them for wedding last year, I wont be using them anytime soon.

Congrats on your WOW moments your decide all of them!!
You look wonderful

Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views