***Tuesday Roll Call***

Pam Hart
on 9/23/08 12:19 am - Easton, PA
I battled with constipation for a long time after surgery - never had a problem before hand.

I might suggest starting to take colace as part of your vitamin supplements.  At least for the time being.  The regular colace is just a stool softener.  If you are having big time problems going you can get peri colace with has a stool softener AND laxative in it.  Works like a charm for me almost every time.  I can count on one hand how many times that did not work and I moved onto the "big guns" whi*****lude dulcolex suppositories.

Now that I'm further out I have increased fruits and veggies and have started having a serving of dried plumbs (prunes) every day.  Lemme tell you - gramma was right - those things make sure everything moves in the right direction!!  They sometimes actually work a little to good if you get my drift - but I am now of the "norm persuation" who told me once early out when I was complaining of diarrhea he would rather deal with the most foul diarrhea any day over constipation.  And ya know what - so would I!!

Feel better.  Increase the water, too.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Lesley G.
on 9/23/08 12:27 am - Allegan, MI
Thanks, Pam!  I am going to stop at CVS and pick up some colace today.  The only other time I've dealt with this problem was when I did a medically-supervised liquid diet three years ago.  I didn't have any issues during full liquids, though.  Ugh!  I'll keep stepping up the liquids as best I can.  After the UTI/kidney infection I had I've been getting in 80 oz of water each day, but perhaps I can increase that.  And I definitely agree with Norm too -- I'd much rather deal with the diarrhea than this!

Oh well, at least I can laugh about it...

Lesley
BlancheJackson
on 9/23/08 12:14 am - Butler, PA

Good morning!  I have found a new love for soft serve yogurt!!  King Cone has a wonderful sugar-free low fat soft serve yogurt that is rich and yummy!!!  AND.. I didn't react to the sugar alcohols!

Hope everyone is having a great day!  I have nothing big planned, but hope to spend the day with my dh as he returns to work tomorrow night and it's 8 days with only seeing him about an hour a day.. he works nights and sleeps days!!!.. BUT.. at the end of that time, I get to go to the OH event!!  YEAH!!

ok.. off to check on my granddaughter!

Blanche Jackson    352/314/258.6/180  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views