Dumping sucks...

Laureen S.
on 9/23/08 3:39 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Hi Heather,

Hope you are all better now!

A lot of what you said I can relate to, though thankfully I have not really had a dumping episode like the one you describe but once or twice, and in a very mild form from what you describe, I've always been terrified of what it might be like to experience that, though I've had my share of foamies and barfing up things from either not paying attention when I am eating, being too hungry when I finally eat and eating too fast, or something that my pouch just doesn't like and that kind of stinks at times as I sometimes miss being able to eat certain things, for instance, I'd love to be able to eat a juicy burger, but nope, my pouch still will not let me eat chopped beef, or any sort of reheated beef, no matter the juicy quality, lately things that I formerly was able to tolerate well sometimes don't work well, I guess it's an evolutionary thing.

Like you, I also have days where I can eat and feel like OMG my pouch is broken, other days, I take 2 or 3 bites and have to force myself to get in what I need.  Also have those sudden dips in my sugar, where I get the shakes until I eat something and since I really limit my intake of carbs to mostly fruit and veggies, I don't think it's that it is related to carbs, all things I will discuss with Dr. P next month when I go for my 1 year post-op visit. . .

Another thing, when we met for dinner before the meeting last month, Dennis was saying how he was discussing with another person a problem concerning biting the inside of our mouths, which is something I've experienced too in the last few months, as well as a runny nose at times, usually when I'm full (lol), but not always. . .  we seem to have some interesting side effects, but the benefits, well they sure out weigh the rest for me ;)

Hope you have a good day today,

Hugs, L

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views