Just dropping in to say HELLO

Dolores O.
on 9/22/08 8:17 am
Hi everyone,

I've been ultra busy over the past few months.  New job, taking care of my brother...etc etc.

My brother passed away on August 21 (about a month ago) and I am still depressed and working through it.

I will update my profile when I have time.  I fell behind on school work taking care of him with my mom and then staying with her for two weeks.  So I'm caught up once I submit my paper tonight and then hopefully I can get back  on here and get some time alone with my FAMILY.

Talk to you all soon,
Dolores

Dolores~

Patricia R.
on 9/22/08 8:35 am - Perry, MI
Dolores,
I am so sorry to hear of your loss.  I lost one brother in February, and one two years ago in October.  It is very painful and it takes time to heal and mourn.  Take care of yourself and be safe.  My faith got me through my time of grieving, but I still miss them terribly.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

(deactivated member)
on 9/22/08 9:20 am
Hi Dolores,

I am glad to see you back again, but so very sorry to hear about your brother passing.  Make sure you are taking care of yourself too while you are taking care of everyone else. 

Heather G
Dolores O.
on 9/22/08 10:28 am
On September 22, 2008 at 4:20 PM Pacific Time, Heather G. wrote:
Hi Dolores,

I am glad to see you back again, but so very sorry to hear about your brother passing.  Make sure you are taking care of yourself too while you are taking care of everyone else. 

Heather G
Hi Heather,
Thank you.  And I've been eating right (I gotta give up those pretzels and crackers...uggghhh) just not working out.  However, I did get off my lazy duff and jogged for 8 minutes on the treadmill tonight..

I made a promise to my brother after he had already passed, that I would lose the rest of the weight for him since he said I looked even more beautiful then usual after losing weight.

So he is my incentive to keep going and get to goal.

I just need to re-program my mind to stop eating those darn saltines and pretzels.  :)

Dolores~

Dolores O.
on 9/22/08 10:26 am
Hi Trish,

Thanks!  And I'm sorry for your losses as well.  So you can just imagine what it feels like to lose someone so close to you.  My brother was my world and now he is gone, and it's hard on all of us since he was the only boy and he was the oldest of the 4 of us.

And I've been taking care of myself.  Just not working out since April.  So I'm losing very slowly.  But I did get on the treadmill tonight and I ran for 8 minutes and walked for 2.  I should be at my first major goal at this point and I'm not because I was more concerned with taking care of him and  my mom then myself.

And yes, faith is all I have.  Thank God my mom is our pastor and she is so strong in the Lord.  If it werent for her joy of my brother going home (he got saved a few weeks before he died...praise God!!) I don't know if I would have made it through.  I denied being angry with God, but one night, he got me alone and I had it out with him....I cried I internally yelled at him and told him he was wrong for taking my brother instead of the evil people who deserved to die.

Let's just say after that, I feel so much better.  Just a little depressed and stuff, but othewise Im better.

Talk with you soon.

Dolores~

Patricia R.
on 9/22/08 10:51 am - Perry, MI
I totally understand that mixed feeling of peace that my brothers are with the Lord, but angry that God chose to take them so young.  I also had it out with God, and He let me cry on His shoulders and held onto me even in my anger.  He is big enough to handle our anger. 

What gave me peace was reading and rereading Psalm 139, and trusting that God is in control.

If you ever need to talk, feel free to PM me. 

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Pam Hart
on 9/22/08 10:38 am - Easton, PA
Dolores,

Welcome back to the boards!!  I am sorry for your loss and how incredibly painful that was for you.  I will be keeping your family and you in my thoughts and prayers.  School work will be caught up with - as will we.  Support also means understanding the need for alone time when crisi****s.  Know that when you are able and ready - we are all here....

Hope all continues to improve!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Dolores O.
on 9/24/08 10:13 am
On September 22, 2008 at 5:38 PM Pacific Time, Pam P. wrote:
Dolores,

Welcome back to the boards!!  I am sorry for your loss and how incredibly painful that was for you.  I will be keeping your family and you in my thoughts and prayers.  School work will be caught up with - as will we.  Support also means understanding the need for alone time when crisi****s.  Know that when you are able and ready - we are all here....

Hope all continues to improve!

Pam
Hi Pam,
Long time no chat.  And thank you for your kind words.  It was a very difficult time, and I'm still dealing with it!

And you are right, I'm basically caught up.  I just have two assignments that were due Sunday and I will get them to both my professors this weekend.  They've given me A's and B's on all of my late work, so I'm not worried anymore!!!

And I need you guys lol  I can't stop eating crackers and pretzels...uggghhh

Dolores~

Pam Hart
on 9/24/08 11:39 am - Easton, PA
I threw my crackers out....only way I would stop eating them.

I still have bad nights at work with pretzels cause people bring them in and leave them on the desk and it's easy to grab a few and eat em....

Salty crunchy carbs bad!!  But soooo good to eat!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Dolores O.
on 9/24/08 11:42 am
On September 24, 2008 at 6:39 PM Pacific Time, Pam P. wrote:
I threw my crackers out....only way I would stop eating them.

I still have bad nights at work with pretzels cause people bring them in and leave them on the desk and it's easy to grab a few and eat em....

Salty crunchy carbs bad!!  But soooo good to eat!

Pam
Ok, I'm sick of the protein bars I have.  I have 1 1/2 boxes to go to get rid of them.
Can someone recommend some snacks?
Soy chips?  SOMETHING lol  I really want to get off of the pretzels (they hurt going down and I chew them VERY WELL) and stop the crackers.

Dolores~

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views