Fire in Pottstown- clothes needed!!!

Shannon O.
on 9/22/08 2:31 am - Reading, PA

Not sure if any of you saw the news about the fire in pottstown Friday night... but 3 members from my church lost everything in the fire... I just raided some of my old clothes for them... but they are in need of more...all 3 of them are bipolar and 2 suffer from horrible depression and live off their disability checks... and barely make it...

I know that some of you give your clothes to good causes and was wondering if you would like to help these 2 ladies and the husband out clothes wise...

They say they also have lots of friends that need clothes too (47 people lost everything in the fire)... and many of them are like Christine and Mary Ellen (and her hubby Ron) and/or some of them suffer from various learning and physical disabilities... they said they need clothes from sizes 18 to 30...  They will also need winter coats, sweatshirts, etc for winter gear... Christine and Mary Ellen also said they would wear used bras they need sizes 48DD and 46DD... Ron said that they need men's sizes 2x to 4x...

If you would like to donate clothes you can mail or drop them off at my church (My FIL is the pastor) and my MIL is going to help get the clothes to the people that need them... the church's address etc is this:
Trinity Evangelical Congregational Church
66 South Limerick Road, Royersford PA, 19468
610-948-5560 (Phone)
http://www.trinitylighthouse.org/

If you have any questions please PM me... I am leaving for a wedding in Indiana on Weds afternoon... I will be able to check my email while I am gone...  If you live in the Reading area you can drop stuff off to me tonight and tomorrow and I will be back after the 30th... PM and I will give you my address if you are close to me...

Thanks guys!

(deactivated member)
on 9/22/08 2:41 am
Hey Shannon.  I'm not too far from Royersford and I am going through clothes now, so I will probably have some stuff.  I will call the church first before going over to make sure someone is there to take the stuff.  I even have some mens shirts that are up in the xxx's that I sleep in, so I can donate them.  They need them more than I do. 

Thanks for posting this.

Heather  G
Shannon O.
on 9/22/08 2:48 am - Reading, PA
Church office hours for Phyllis (she can be kind of an old cranky lady at times so just ignore that lol) is Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Friday from 9:30 to 3...

Ralph is my FIL- so if you can't make it during those times leave him a message on the answering machine or with Phyllis and I am sure he will try to work something out with meeting you at the church... and of course he is there every Sunday hehehe...

Thanks guys!

(deactivated member)
on 9/22/08 3:19 am
I can go Thursday morning, but I will call her first to let her know I am coming. 

HG
SUSIEQQ62
on 9/22/08 3:29 am - EXETER, PA
Wow
I am so sorry to hear about the fire--probably saw it on the news--But there are so many fires anymore..
 I am praying for those people and their needs..

God Bless
Susie SMith from Exeter PA
Doiwn 200lbs in the past 2 yrs from before and after RNY
went from 448lbs to 248lbs
50 more lbs to goal

SUSIE SMITH FROM NE PA

Susie Smith from PA    

Shannon O.
on 9/22/08 4:31 am - Reading, PA
oh yes please pray for them... because so many of these people really don't have any one to turn to family wise because most of their families have cut them off... and many of them just don't see the good in people anymore...

tammypa
on 9/22/08 4:01 am - Philadelphia, PA
Shannon,
I work for a clothing importer. I went to my boss and got the okay to ship them a carton on fall
clothing. Will send it out via UPS tomorrow. Hope this will help.
Tammy   
Shannon O.
on 9/22/08 4:30 am - Reading, PA
Oh Tammy that is so amazing... please tell your boss thank you from the bottom of my heart!! BTW- please PM me your work address and his name so I can send him a thank you card!

Patricia R.
on 9/22/08 7:48 am - Perry, MI
Shannon,
I have three big bags of clothes that I would love to bring over, but I cannot make it during the day.  I work till 3:30 in Philly.  Problem is I work this weekend too.  I have off next Tuesday and Wednesday and could probably bring them over then, if that  is not too late.  I just cleaned out my closet and most of the stuff is size 18.  Let me know if next week is not too late.  I would love to see the clothes go to a good cause.  I have a special place in my heart for mental health patients, as I work part time in a psychiatric hospital.

Huggles,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

ktreavis
on 9/22/08 9:07 am - PA
I will probably go out on Friday and I am going to try to get Trish's bags from her too. I have 3 or 4 bags of stuff. 
Katie 

Progress not perfection

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views