major **WOW** Moement......YIPEE!!

FlourPower
on 9/22/08 1:36 am - PA
I did it!!  I am SOOO happy !!  On Saturday DH and I went to Hershey Park....it's about 10 minutes from my house.  I promised myself that I would ride the roller coasters AND I DID IT!! 

This was something that I wanted to do before surgery and I couldn't do it because I didn't fit...and now I was able to sit down tighten the belt and the bar went down over me without any problems.  It was so much fun. 

For the first ride we went in the front cart (on the Comet...it's an old wooden coaster) I was screaming AND crying at the same time.  Yes, I was scared but I was also crying because I was so happy with myself for finally being able to LIVE MY LIFE and not jus****ch things pass me by.  I was yelling, "I'm doing it....I'm doing it"  DH was laughing at me because he knew why I was having such mixed emotions and he gave me a BIG HUG after we were all done.  We rode several of the coasters including The Big Bear which was terrifying and that was in the front cart too. 

What a great way to celebrate my 41st B-Day. 

[

tammypa
on 9/22/08 2:23 am - Philadelphia, PA
Happy Birthday! That was a great way to celebrate - good for you!
Thanks for sharing your birthday with us! Tammy
(deactivated member)
on 9/22/08 2:44 am
Good for you!!    And a big happy birthday to you too!!

Heather G
Laureen S.
on 9/22/08 2:55 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Happy Birthday and yup, I'd say that is a pretty exciting WOW moment or two or three (lol)!  I used to love roller coasters, think in the last decade, along with the weight I gained, came a fear of them, so not sure I'll ever go on one again, but I'm happy you enjoyed them so much!

Hugs, L

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Pam Hart
on 9/22/08 2:56 am - Easton, PA

That was a huge WOW moment!  Way to go and happy happy birthday!!  Great way to celebrate it!!

Pam

Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
dit657
on 9/22/08 3:09 am - Boothwyn, PA
Somebody should do a documentary on WLS patients and their desire (and ability) to ride roller coasters!! I know its one of my dreams as well but I haven't attempted it yet - maybe in the spring. It had to feel so wonderful for you - and what a fantastic way to celebrate your birthday and a huge WOW moment!!

Congratulations - keep on successing!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
keri2008
on 9/22/08 4:53 am - PA
That's wonderful news!  I used to ride the coasters all the time but can't anymore.  I don't think I'll ever want to ride the "newer" ones but one of the old wooden coasters would be such a blast I think.  Good for you!

Keri
jojobear98
on 9/22/08 6:38 am - Gettysburg, PA
I understand completely. In fact, the summer after my WLS, I got season passes for my family so we could go and ride all the time. And we did! It was a great feeling! Congrats to you!

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

GD_007
on 9/22/08 11:02 am - Drexel Hill, PA
That's just awesome!!  Good for you!   
-GD
jackie j
on 9/22/08 11:36 am - Glenmoore, PA
Congrats on your roller coaster ride and Happy Birthday too!

Jackie J.    hugs.gif image by LISAH900   ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange  

1 choice @ a time > 1 day @ a time.   Slow to Succeed is still Success ;-)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views