if you needed another reason to eat fish!

sbrunell
on 9/22/08 1:40 am - Bensalem, PA
September 22, 2008 -

According to a new book, "The Clear Skin Diet," a diet high in fiber, omega-3 fatty acids and seafood can prevent or minimize the impact of acne.

In the book, naturopathic physician and author Dr. Alan Logan writes that acne sufferers on a high-fiber diet with an additional emphasis on seafood, vegetables and fruit, especially when combined with reduced intake of meats and dairy products, can expect significantly fewer acne lesions.

In addition to research results and clinical discussions, the book includes dietary suggestions and recipes featuring salmon, sardines and mackerel.

From seafoodnews.com

Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

(deactivated member)
on 9/22/08 2:49 am
Good to know!  Thanks for the info.
keri2008
on 9/22/08 4:51 am - PA
Great info, thanks for posting!

Keri
GD_007
on 9/22/08 11:01 am - Drexel Hill, PA
Steve,

Missed you at the last meeting....some people (won't mention any names) thought that I might be you....so I played it up and collected about $20 for fish orders    If you want your money you're going to have to hunt me down (I'll be at the Harrah's in Philly).

-GD
evrblue
on 9/22/08 7:04 pm - McConnellsburg, PA
Steve,

I still don't care for fish!    Whats a mild (non fishy) type fish that is not too expensive and how best to cook it? I really haven't tried much fish besides catfish (Yuck) and Trout (too many bones) and good ole gortons out of the box. Oh, and salmon steak, which I found too fishy. I really need to incorporate fish into my diet!! Any suggestions would be great! Thanks in advance!!
jen m.

sbrunell
on 9/23/08 2:14 am - Bensalem, PA
I would try tilapia. It's really easy to cook and readily available. Most supermarkets also sell it 3-5 oz fillets, so it's one portioned size.

Here's how i cook it:
I give the fillet a light rinse, then I pour a little olive oil in my hand and smear it on the fillets. You can use a brush, but I don't mind touching fish.
I heat a small pan up w/ a drop of oil, while I sprinkle lemon pepper seasoning on the fillets. I then put it in the pan for about 3 minutes per side.
That's it.

If you like spicy food, you can use

I also really like Swai Fillet which is at most supermarkets, and I really, really like Swordfi****'s the most steak-like.  I marinate it in Italian dressing, then grill it for about 7 minutes per side per inch of thickness. I use a high heat when grilling. coo****il Opaque, but try not to touch the fish too much.

Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views