Hello all! any ideas??

BlancheJackson
on 9/21/08 11:39 pm - Butler, PA
As I put in my rollcall post...  I am trying to find something to help my granddaughter's runny nose!  She is 16 months old, about 28 lbs and has had it for nearly 3 weeks!

Everything on the market that I could find has a cut-off age of 6 yrs... and major warnings of liver damage>  I just feel so bad for her.. she isn't sick with any other symptoms any longer, had a cold, but everything has gone away except for the runny nose!

If anyone has any ideas, I would love to hear them!!!
Still waiting to hear back from Medicaid of PA for her coverage as they recently moved here from DE.  Last Monday, the lady said she would try to have it done in a week or two!!! Which is why she hasn't tried a DR yet.

Blanche Jackson    352/314/258.6/180  

Patricia R.
on 9/22/08 12:21 am - Perry, MI
Hi Blanche,
Poor little girl.  I wish I could offer some suggestions, except to keep a humidifier handy.  It sounds like allergies, or teething.  My granddaughter had one when she was here, and it did develop into an ear infection, so keep an eye on her. 

Hang in there.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Shannon O.
on 9/22/08 1:32 am - Reading, PA
have you taken her to the doc yet? When Lorelei gets a runny nose like that it is an ear infection... but if it is a cold... or allergies our docs don't do anything for it... just let it run its course and suck the snot out... that is about all you can do when they are little... btw the OTC stuff doesn't work from what her peds docs have said... so cross them off the list...

sbrunell
on 9/22/08 1:46 am - Bensalem, PA
Two things you can try....
They have saline drops for the kids, and Pediacare worked well for my two.

You won't find Pediacare on the shelf anymore...you have to sign for it at the Pharmacy.....and you can only buy 2 bottles at a time.  This is supposed to prevent people from making Crystal Meth....and makes it more difficult for people like us w/ sick kids.

We kept the hospital nasal aspirator when the kids were born.....it worked great
Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

Melanie B.
on 9/22/08 4:34 am - Doylestown, PA
I assume it's too late, but the FDA has ruled that NO cold medicine is safe for children under 2 (they are trying to make it children under 6).

As the mom of a 2 year old i know how frustrating it can be when they've got colds, but honestly the only remedies are natural one (unless they have a fever and then a little tylenol helps)

Warm shower or bath
Vicks Plug in are AMAZING!
Vicks vapor rub on their onesie with another t-shirt covering it
Warm mist Humidifiers

i hope she's feeling better.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA