HELP.. PAin!!!

tanya72100
on 9/21/08 10:17 pm - Schuylkill Haven, PA
 Well im 3 weeks 2 days out and i decided last night to give refriend beans a try. I ate 1/2 cup and felt great. Woke up this morning in terrible pain on my left side..... Ohhh god. Could it be gas? Its high on my left side like under the breast and rib area. Im misreable. I called the Dr. Just waiting to hear back. Any ideas??

Pam Hart
on 9/21/08 10:21 pm - Easton, PA
Glad you called the doctor.

Definately sounds like gas pains.  Gas is more predominant on the left because the liver is on your right side, blocking it from going up the right - so it condenses in the left.  You may find it going to your shoulder blade or back as well.

Start walking and moving and see if that helps.  You can also bend and stretch a little and try to take a few slow deep breaths (OK, with the pain you probably won't be able to get much of a deep breath in - but keep trying)

On a personal note - for some reason I find when I stand up and press where it hurts as I breath in, it helps to dissapate the pain or dispurse the gas bubble or whatever.  I've had multiple people (including doctors) who say there is no rhyme or reason to it and it's probably all in my head - but hey - if my head is making that happen and the pain goes away - fine.

Good luck - let us know what the doctor says and how you make out.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
keri2008
on 9/21/08 10:30 pm - PA
I agree with everything that Pam said.  I know that while I was on soups I tried a green pea soup, blended and strained of course, for lunch.  A couple of hours later I was in AGONY.  I had to (I was at work!) go outside and do laps around the parking lot to get the gas moving as well as increasing my fluids for about an hour.  It finally moved but I was very uncomfortable.  I hope it all resolves soon.

Keri
SUSIEQQ62
on 9/22/08 4:01 am - EXETER, PA
Beans give me horrible gas pains.. I agree with the others.. Did you try taking some GASX strips or Mylanta if you are allowed to take them.. I cannot stand those gas pains and i get alot of it and it is always on my left side under my left boob.

Good luck
Let us know what your doctor says OK

Hugs
SRNY-2USIE Smith from Exeter PA
RNY 2/6/07
Down a total of 200 lbs and 50 more to goal--struggling to get there
from 448lbs to 248 lbs in the past 2 yrs

SUSIE SMITH FROM NE PA

Susie Smith from PA    

SUSIEQQ62
on 9/22/08 4:03 am - EXETER, PA
sorry for the typos

SUSIE SMITH FROM NE PA

Susie Smith from PA    

Shan08
on 9/22/08 4:05 am - the Skook, PA

Hi Tanya,
Are you supposed to have refried beans at 3 weeks out??
I know I wasn't.

Hang in there.

"If you want something bad enough, you'll find it.
If you don't, you'll find excuses."
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views