advice on exercise????

ktreavis
on 9/21/08 8:25 am - PA
Can anyone give me some insight on which machines to use to tone up the loose skin on my inner thighs and my upper arms? I am currently walking 3 1/4 miles and biking 2-3 miles each day. I need to add something for my arms and thighs, but I am not sure what. I belong to LA fitness and have access to all of those machines, but I don't know which ones to use and I am a little shy about talking to one of the trainers. Anyhow, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Katie

Progress not perfection

Pam Hart
on 9/21/08 9:16 am - Easton, PA
First of all - definately talk to a trainer.  They will be the best at giving you a fabulous routine.

When I do my legs, I do the leg abduction/adduction machine which is one where you sit and either start with your legs far apart and squeeze them together and then the other one you start with your legs together and open them up.  The abduction is the one that specifically works the inside if I'm not mistaken.

There are also exercises that you don't need machines for that my trainer has me do for legs and what not.

I was afraid to talk to them too - but realize it is the best thing for me.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Shannon O.
on 9/21/08 12:56 pm - Reading, PA
DO NOT ask the trainers at LA Fitness!! So far almost every LA Fitness in PA is being sued... why because their trainers aren't real trainers... they are being sued for hurting people... the one in here in Reading is being sued by 10 different people! With that being said... I don't want you to get hurt by one of those dorks! I did and I couldn't sit on the potty for 3 days!!!

If you do some digging online you will find exercises that will target those areas... also look into the Body for Life book and other books like it in the bookstore and library that will also show you moves to help those areas... also I have found some great info from Denise Austin as well... but what has helped me the most is doing yoga and pilates classes that my gym offers... and those classes works your whole body!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views