Missing everyone

retta0426
on 9/21/08 2:04 pm - Middletown, PA
Hi again everyone. I have a HUGE confession to make. I feel kind of silly making it, but here goes anyhow. I MISS YOU GUYS!! I know I haven't "met" many of you, but you all have been my support and I miss talking to everyone.
I still don't have my pc at home. Some days I wish I could afford to get it fixed or get a new one, other days, I feel great not having it. (I get SO much done at night now that I'm not sitting at the pc for an hour or so)
I seriously doubt I'll make the OH event in Philly. I wish I could afford it, but unfortunately the great interview I had a few weeks ago was for nothing now that our wonderful Governor has put a freeze on all hiring and promoting within the state. I'm told this freeze will last until next summer sometime, most likely when it's time to do the budget again, which of course he won't sign in time, so we will be furloughed. Oh and by the way the boss said, the annual raise the union had signed into contract, that most likely won't happen either. (There just isnt enough money to give the "lower salaried" employees a raise. wanna bet the senior levels get thier raises though??)
Anyhow, on to better news. Most people know Im a reality tv show fanatic, so the new season of Biggest Loser is on, and I'll be glued to the tv, hoping my favorite team makes it the end and does a good job losing. I also got two people at work to join me in my own quest for the Biggest Loser. Between the three of us, we would like to lose 100 pounds total. Our boss is helping keep us focused and walks with us on all of our breaks instead of having a cig and/or coffee during that time. (I don't smoke, they do!)
OH, I also found out I can get on this website now at work, can't post anything (it's to much like a chat feature, so can't do that) So, I'll be checking the posts now once a day when time permits.
Hope everyone is doing well and I'll talk with everyone soon.
(deactivated member)
on 9/21/08 10:48 pm - Eastern, PA
Nice to hear from you Loretta!

We miss you too.
dit657
on 9/22/08 12:32 am - Boothwyn, PA
I remembered you saying your PC was on the fritz so just figured that's why we hadn't heard from you, but I'm glad you were able to post and check in - sorry about the job situation, too - things are really sucky all over the place right now - hopefully we'll all survive it.

Hang tough - we're all still here!! Check in when you can.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
New_Beginnings_36
on 9/22/08 12:35 am - PA
Loretta - We miss you too :) Hope you are able to post again soon.

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
Laureen S.
on 9/22/08 1:28 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Hey Loretta,

You are missed too!  Hope you can find someone to get your computer up and running.

Hugs, L

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Pam Hart
on 9/22/08 3:02 am - Easton, PA
Saying hi right back at you.  It's not a silly confession to make - cause we all miss our people when they or we can't get on!!

Sorry to hear about the job - this economy - well - it is just awful to say the least.  I hope things work out for you soon.

My private email is:  [email protected]  I know you had posted yours awhile ago....but of course I didn't write it down.

Hope all else is well with the family!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
HopefulFuture
on 9/24/08 10:43 am - Boston, MA
We miss you too Loretta!  Hope to hear from you again really soon!!

Lisa :)

(deactivated member)
on 9/24/08 12:09 pm
Hey Loretta!  We've missed you...it's nice to see you posting.

Heather G
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views