Shauna's 3 Years of Successing

Dennis Belk
on 9/20/08 2:57 pm, edited 9/20/08 3:43 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Three years ago today (9/21/05) I first met Shauna Dhoble. It was at Barix, that night after a support group meeting lead by Tom Tyler. Shauna was upstairs recovering from a Lap RNY performed by Alan Brader. Many of us planned to visit her that night. She was there with her new husband Jim (I think he was slightly overwhelmed with all of us, but glad to see such support for his longtime love). She wasn't feeling great but looked as good as anyone could after surgery. She had a book for Everyone to sign so she wouldn't forget who came to see her and support her. As you all know she means the world to me and she's touched all of our lives in very meaningful ways. She's been a bright  light of support and friendship that has never wavered. She gives us all she's got, but still manages to give even more. She started having local support group meetings in her home 1 month out of surgery and continued them for 1 1/2 years till she accepted a huge promotion that had her traveling weekly. Many of us who are further out first met at these meetings started by Shauna. Her brainchild, the PA Pilgrimage, has quickly become an event that is so dear to us but has also attracted new friends all around Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware.   

Her dedication to all her friends and to me showed so brightly last year when she "found" me at a hospital in Palmerton after a night of losing contact and fearing the worst. Yes she hunted me down. My adventure continued and I was the fortunate one to be found, operated on again and again. Leaned on all of you during my recovery, with all of you giving so much of yourselves for me. And having Shauna and her family (Nanna and Pop Pop too) help me to get back to walk the walk and talk the talk.  

So Everyone please join me in celebrating Shauna and her journey. She's come sooooo far for herself and for all of us. She's my best friend and confidante and I want her to always be able to see herself for the wonderful beauty that she has always been.  

I love you Shauna Susheela Marjorie Dhoble.  

We all love you, congratulate you and thank you for bringing successing to our lives and yours,  

Dennis          
Laureen S.
on 9/20/08 3:16 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Shauna,

Thanks for showing us the road to "successing"!  Congratulations on your surgiversary!

Hugs,

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Pam Hart
on 9/20/08 5:43 pm - Easton, PA
Shauna,

Thank you for being you.  You are a wonderfu l asset to this board, barix, and all involved.  It has been wonderful being able to call you a friend and share with.  Thanks for your advice, your strength, and your love.

Know that we hope to give to you a portion of what you give to us.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Andy Kovatch
on 9/20/08 9:24 pm - York, PA
CONGRATULATIONS SHAUNA!!!!!!!!  You are indeed the undefeated, untied, unquestionable, wls queen of the wooooorrrrllllld!!!!!  You have done an unbelieveable job Shauna, both for yourself and for others - myself included.

Words alone cannot describe the impact you've had on so many of our lives.  And for that, we all thank you.  Today is your very special day - be sure to enjoy it!!!  We all love you girl.

"No matter how hard life may get, no matter how many curveballs you are thrown, keep in mind, if you want to succeed - QUITTING IS NOT AN OPTION"!!!

cleos_mom
on 9/21/08 5:19 am - phila., PA
congrats Shauna on a job well done your weightloss, your plastics and most of all the support you give to us all. you are an insoiration to us all
Susan
dit657
on 9/21/08 5:45 am - Boothwyn, PA
Congratulations Shauna! I didn't get a chance to meet you personally at the PA Pilgrimage in Lancaster this spring but it was very inspiring listening to you and knowing you were there to run things and keep it going smoothly. Your successes and journey let us all know anything is possible.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 9/21/08 6:11 am
Congrats, Shauna.  From the moment I met you, I knew you were special and a beautiful person.  Each time I see you, I see another stunning quality.  Jim is lucky to have you, but he still has to share you with all of us.  By the by, we have similar middle names.  Mine is Shashauna the english translation is Susan.

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

New_Beginnings_36
on 9/21/08 11:54 pm - PA
Shauna - Congrats and Happy Surgiversary! And thank you for continuing to share with all of us :) Hope you had a wonderful day!

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
tammypa
on 9/22/08 2:36 am - Philadelphia, PA
Shauna,
Congrats on your three year surgiversary! Thank you so much for being there
for all of us. I still can not believe how wonderful you looked being only 12 days
out of surgery. You are a beautiful person - inside and out. Tammy
JennLFin
on 9/24/08 3:01 am - Harleysville, PA
Yay Shauna!

You are an inspiration to us all!

Your fellow Harleysville-er.

Jen

I am beautiful, no matter what they say, words cant bring me down
I am beautiful, in every single way, words cant bring me down.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views