Good Luck Liz!!!!

Pam Hart
on 9/21/08 12:40 am - Easton, PA
Tomorrow, Monday Sept. 22 is Liz's "big day".  As we all know Liz has been suffering through a lot of gallbladder issues which has caused her a lot of pain and unanswered questions.

In the always "Liz fashion" she has somehow remained to be upbeat, go to work, post on here often, plan a cooking demo at her house, show support for any and all who need it, be a photographer at a wedding, drive back and forth to help her family, take care of her mother during cancer treatments, be a loving wife, take care of her kitties (and even temporarily took in a stray and then found a safe home for it when it was found to have leukemia), and of course all of the work that comes along with being a home owner.  Not to mention, lots of leg work and follow up phone calls and multiple doctor appointments with multiple surgeons, WLS related and non related, and hospital follow ups/visits to get the answer she needed.

Monday this rough journey will hopefully be put behind her as that pesky gallbladder is taken out.  And although surgery is never something one really looks forward too....this may be just as exciting as WLS for her.

Good luck Liz!  Be sure to update us when you can and when you are feeling better.  The same mantra will probably still apply - walk sip breathe, repeat.

We'll be thinking of you - let me know if you need absolutely anything at all!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Dennis Belk
on 9/21/08 1:53 am - Philadelphia, PA
All the best to you tomorrow Liz. I am so hoping this adventure will be put to rest for you and you can go on without the pain and concern. With all you do you manage to keep the best outlook and you keep moving forward. We are all soooo lucky to have you as part of this phenomenal group. We're all right with you, always.

Dennis

Liz R.
on 9/21/08 3:02 am - Easton, PA
PAm - Thank You so much for that beautiful post - I was just coming up to type something about tomorrow. You actually made me cry! I will as always remain positive and be the best support to all of my WLS friends that I can be!

I have to be at Doylestown Hospital at 10:30 tomorrow morning - Chris will take me and stay as long as he can then head off to work and hand me over to my Mom who will take it from there. I hope to be home around dinner time but there is a 50/50 chance that they will keep me overnight since I am scheduled late morning. I am beyond ready for this and nearly as excited as I was for my WLS because I know that it is going to vastly improve my quality of life! I willtry and get on monday evening to post - if not I will text Pam and let her know that all is well. I will be home resting all week and will check in as often as I can.

Thanks again Pam! That was very sweet of You!

Dennis - as always thank you for being there - this is just another bump in the road and we will keep on truckin'!!

On a lighter note - I stepped on the scale this morning for the first time in a while - 197!! I have been stuck at 202 for probably 6 months now! I'm still hoping that my gall bladder weighs 40 pounds! Let's hope that it stays off with all that is going on but what shall be shall be.

Thanks again everyone for your love and support!!

Liz
Patricia R.
on 9/21/08 5:09 am - Perry, MI
Hey Liz,
I will be praying for you as you approach this phase of your journey.  Your positive outlook has been contagious for me.  Thanks for being part of the PA family.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

jdruski
on 9/21/08 5:26 am - Philadelphia, PA
Liz.

Much luck and my prayers will be for you.

Jeanne
BellaNell
on 9/21/08 5:43 am - Pleasant Mt., PA
 Good luck on Monday, Liz.  I'm sure your upbeat and positive attitude will carry you through this with flying colors!  Will be watching for your next post!
NANCYL
on 9/21/08 10:56 am - PHILA, PA
Liz,
Best of Luck with your gall bladder surgery!! We will all be praying for you . Just think after tomorrow hopefully NO MORE BELLY PAINS!!

Good Luck and get  lots of needed rest,
Nancy
HopefulFuture
on 9/24/08 10:16 am - Boston, MA
I'm so sorry I'm late on this post Liz, but I am just reading it now.  I hope your surgery went very smoothly and that you are recovering nicely.  I'm looking forward to hearing how you are doing.  We are all thinking of you!!!

Lisa :)

CherylT
on 9/21/08 3:25 am - Perkasie, PA
Best wishes!

Happy to be in
Onederland

on 9/21/08 6:01 am
An uneventful surgery, speedy recovery and lots of OMG I am glad thats behind me to come.

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views