***Sunday Roll Call***

Pam Hart
on 9/20/08 7:28 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning all!! 

I'm actually pretty beat today - didn't sleep well yesterday - and by the time I did - it wasn't long enough :)

Good news is that I got all the laundry washed and dried yesterday - and also cleaned out the big hall closet and packed up the stuff I could(hence the bread machine and chocolate fountain post LOL) and now that is filled with boxes.  I also got my winter clothes out from the vaccuum space saving bags and went through them - got a few items for barix - figured might as well do that before hand so I don't move clothes that don't fit me!

Today's goal is to get the laundry put away.

I won't stay up as late as I normally do cause not only am I tired, but I also come in at 9p instead of 11p tonight, so I have to get up earlier than normal.

Also have to talk to hubby - he was in one heck of a mood yesterday (which I believe is probably just stress from everything going on along with his parents calling and berating us daily for our choice of moving...) but I want to see what is going on.  Those talks are never fun...

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Patricia R.
on 9/20/08 8:13 pm - Perry, MI
Hi Pam,
I was just about to do the Roll Call and see that you beat me to it.  Good for you.

Sorry to hear you are suffering from Brian's parents behavior.  My suggestion is to let their calls go to voice mail and not talk to them about the decision.  Set your boundary, and refuse to discuss it.  Not that you asked for my opinion, but that is how I handle people who want to berate me, like my mom.

I was supposed to go to Hershey today for my nephew's Special Olympics soccer tournament, but he got sick with an upper respiratory infection and is not going.  So, I will head to church this morning, and then take a walk at a park near here.  After that it is cleaning like a demon.  I have a ton of clothes to put away and sort.  I also have papers to read for my students, as I had them turn in an essay on Friday.

So, it is a busy day ahead of me.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Pam Hart
on 9/20/08 9:44 pm - Easton, PA
That's basically what we are doing - but it's still not easy.  The last time they spoke w/ brian they said "we will discuss this decision further when we see you on Sunday"  He said "you can discuss it all YOU want to - but it won't change our decision regardless"  Although his parents can be chalked up to greedy, self absorbed crazy people it's still not an easy thing to go through.  I think it is taking it's toll on Brian....and that in turn is taking its toll on me.  I feel almost guilty for sending him to his parents house alone tonight as it will be the first meeting face to face since we told them....I feel like I am feeding him to the wolves in a manner of speaking....but I have to sleep and then get to work so I can't go with him.  I did offer, if they would do it, to meet with them this morning for breakfast/brunch and he said that they wouldn't get up early (which he is right, they wouldn't) and it wouldn't make that much of a difference anyway.  He always has the choice not to go - and I understand that - but I know he will and I know he will pay dearly for it.

Thanks for the support and advice - your words are always welcome w/ me!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Laureen S.
on 9/20/08 9:43 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Good Morning Pam & PA Posters!

Like you I didn't get much sleep, but it was due to a Bar & Bat Mitzvah party, my bff's twins, I posted a couple of pictures from last night and it was a day full of wow moments from people I have not seen since prior to having my surgery, including my bff's husband, who at Temple was floored to see me, his exact words were, you look fabulous, my God how tiny you are (lol), me tiny?  Somehow I still don't see it that way, but I don't think I'll ever tire of hearing it.  There were a few others, but I'm not going to bore you all with the details, it was just nice to hear over and over again, how happy and good I looked and to actually feel it.  I danced and danced instead of hiding in a corner somewhere, wishing that I were like all the other people there and stayed until the very end, whereas in years gone by, I always made an early exit, feeling that somehow I was a flawed person because of how I looked.  When I left I said I had had a wonderful time and I meant it!

Anyway, I have lots of things to try to get done today since my weekends have been so social in the last couple of months, much has been neglected around this house, need to get some yard work done, vacuuming, possibly power-wash the front porch, all ambitious projects, so I'd better get going. 

Hope you all have a wonderful day doing whatever and you are in my prayers and positive thoughts!

Hugs,

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

ktreavis
on 9/20/08 9:47 pm - PA
Well Laureen they weren't lying, you look amazing. You are beaming in those pictures. You are an inspiration of the total picture, thank you for sharing. - Katie

Progress not perfection

ktreavis
on 9/20/08 9:43 pm - PA
Good Morning -

Today has me much less stressed than yesterday. We did have a visit from the local police department before all was said and done yesterday, but I expected that. Everything is fine now and she is completely moved out. One of the reasons we are moving into a smaller house is so that we don't have to deal with people renting.
Anyway, hit another goal yesterday I am 179, also had a great workout.
Today I will head back to the gym and then I will be cleaning before I settle in to watch the EAGLES game with hubby. I sure hope they win today. Hope you all have a great day.

Katie

Progress not perfection

Pam Hart
on 9/20/08 9:46 pm - Easton, PA
Katie,

Glad to hear things are going better for you and your renter is now completely gone.  Enjoy it!!  Also congrats on your next goal!!

Pam
BlancheJackson
on 9/21/08 2:15 am - Butler, PA
Good morning!!   I went on a ride yesterday with my friend Tanya, and we had a blast.  The weather was perfect for riding!!!  Enjoyed a nice lunch together, and then... I got a text message from my daughter.... I'm gonna be a Grandma again!!  She's probably about 3 or 4 weeks along, but hey... not sick yet, thank heavens.  Now we have to find an ob/gyn in the area that accepts TriCare Prime AND Medicaid, as she will have to switch over in December.  She turns 21 and will no longer be covered under TriCare.

Blanche Jackson    352/314/258.6/180  

dit657
on 9/21/08 5:50 am - Boothwyn, PA
Good afternoon everybody - today has been busy up til now - got up and took the dog for a long walk, came home and had some breakfast and regular coffee - no more - I was so jittery and miserable and cranky - poor hubby. Only good thing that came out of it was I rode my bike 8.3 miles to try and sweat the caffeine out!!

Drove down to Chesapeake City, MD to meet up with an old junior high school friend I haven't seen in almost 10 years - we ate at this place right on the water - beautiful day. For once I didn't break out into a cold sweat when I saw those green plastic chairs!! We had a lovely visit for a few hours then headed on home. I hope to make a habit of seeing her more often.

The rest of my day should be fairly quiet - I was so busy yesterday that I think I deserve a day of rest!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Pam Hart
on 9/21/08 9:20 am - Easton, PA
That regular coffee - it's not fun is it?  I can't believe how much of the stuff I used to drink (well regular coffee was never my thing...but diet pepsi max I could easily drink 2 liters of in a day!)

Good way to use it to your advantage, though!

Pam
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views