WOW moments at school

GD_007
on 9/21/08 12:53 pm - Drexel Hill, PA
Thanks Pam!!
-GD
Lesley G.
on 9/20/08 3:24 pm - Allegan, MI
Congrats!  That is a great WOW moment.  I'm glad you enjoyed it.  I also love your response to people who asked how you lost the weight.  I can relate to what you said about being an open book about most things, but not this.  I've had a few people at work already ask me if I've lost weight, and my response has just been "I've been following a diet and exercise plan from my doctor" (which is the truth, after all) but I think I might borrow some from your response.  I do want to tell the truth, but at the same time I don't want to tell too much of the truth to people I don't know all that well. 

Congrats again.
Lesley
GD_007
on 9/21/08 12:54 pm - Drexel Hill, PA
Hey Party Girl!
Thanks and you can take my whole speach if you want.....but people may ask you about the baby ;)
-GD
Lesley G.
on 9/21/08 12:59 pm - Allegan, MI
Oh yes, I would definitely have some 'splaining to do about that!
ktreavis
on 9/20/08 9:31 pm - PA
Greg -

Congratulations on all your WOWs, you are doing a great job and you will have many more to come.
Also, I wanted to thank you for your input at the meeting on Wednesday night, it was refreshing and helpful to me. Have a great Sunday.

Katie

Progress not perfection

GD_007
on 9/21/08 12:56 pm - Drexel Hill, PA
Thanks Katie!  Make sure you hunt me down next week because I'm having a hard time putting an avatar to a face from the meeting.
-GD
lauraanne715
on 9/20/08 11:52 pm - Pottstown, PA
That is GREAT!!!! You are doing so well!  Congrats!! 

As far as telling people--I do the same thing...I tell people who are not my family or close friends that I get up every morning at 4am and walk on the treadmill for an hour and watch what I eat.  It is not a lie and seems to answer their questions without having to go into the WLS saga....Don't get me wrong--I love my RNY, I love Dr. P and Barix and would reccommend them to anyone but for people who are not inside my comfort circle of friends and family it is just easier for me to omit WLS from the story.....

But you are doing great so keep up all the hard work!!!!

Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

GD_007
on 9/21/08 12:57 pm - Drexel Hill, PA
Thanks Laura!  Glad to see you had some great WOW moments yourself.
-GD
deebatt
on 9/21/08 9:10 am - Imperial (Pittsburgh), PA
congrats on your wow moment.  you are doing great and i'm sure there will be many many more WOW moments ahead.

I applaud you for your response to questions.  I know that i am just beginning this journey, but ive already been thinking about how to deal with questions after surgery, and even who to tell about the surgery beforehand.  I believe that this is truly an individual and personal decision and there is no right or wrong way to approach it.  Just do or tell what you feel comfortable with.  I've decided that although i dont want to hide anything, i'll be selective along the way as to which "battles" i pick and choose.   I took this approach when i had breast reduction surgery a few years ago and it worked for me.  I feel that i have / will have nothing to hide, but that doesnt necessarily mean that i have to shout it off of rooftops.

KUDOS to you ..keep up the good work

~Denise
~ Denise 

GD_007
on 9/21/08 12:58 pm - Drexel Hill, PA
Thanks Denise. 
-GD
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!