WOW Wedding Moments

dit657
on 9/19/08 11:42 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Last night we attended the wedding of my of my dearest friends' son. It was a huge gala event - more bling and glitz then I've seen in one place in a long, long time.

We sat with a group of old friends I hadn't seen in several years - they all knew about my surgery but this was the first time they've actually seen me - man, talk about walking out of that place on Cloud 9!! They were so complimentary and so happy to see me so happy and feeling good and being healthy - their support and love was incredible.

I also got to share the wonderful 'weightloss spotlight' with the mother of the groom and another dear friend at our table - Helen, the groom's mom, lost 80 lbs and was absolutely stunning in a royal blue gown (she's also the person who gave me 4 bags of clothing - what a lifesaver!!), and another woman, Shirley, has lost 95 lbs - unfortunately hers was due to diabetes but she's doing great now and we were all so happy for her as well.

So it was a wonderful evening for all of us - I felt really good in my new outfit - it wasn't too fancy and I don't do dresses, but I felt dressy and special because of all the wonderful compliments I received.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Pam Hart
on 9/20/08 12:39 am - Easton, PA
What a great night Kathy!!  Glad you were on cloud 9 and could share those moments with some dear friends at a special event!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
(deactivated member)
on 9/20/08 1:47 am
Sounds like a great evening, Kathy!  Gotta love those wow moments!!
ktreavis
on 9/20/08 4:22 am - PA
Glad you had a good time, those are the moments that keep us going. Katie

Progress not perfection

GD_007
on 9/20/08 9:13 am - Drexel Hill, PA
Awesome for you Kathy!! 
-GD
lauraanne715
on 9/20/08 11:56 pm - Pottstown, PA
You are doing such a fantastic job!!! What an inspiration you are to me each day with your 6 miles on the bike and all the hard work you put into this journey!!! You keep up alll the great work!! You are awesome!!!!

Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

New_Beginnings_36
on 9/21/08 11:58 pm - PA
Kathy - Sounds like you had a terrific time! What a great wow moment! Congrats :)

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
keri2008
on 9/22/08 1:39 am - PA
Congrats!  You work so hard at leveraging your tool and your weight loss and those moments are so rewarding!  You bring so much inspiration and support to the boards so thanks for posting - but it's especially wonderful to hear your wows!

Keri
HopefulFuture
on 9/24/08 8:57 am - Boston, MA
I'm sorry I am a few days late reading your post Kathy.  I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time at the wedding.  I can't even begin to imagine what nice compliments you must have received and how special you must have felt.  Thanks for sharing your joy with us!

Lisa :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views