Hello

kredfern
on 9/20/08 3:40 am

Hello - My name is Kim and I had LAP RNY with Dr. Boe on 9/9/08.  I am a regular on the Barix boards, but decided to drop in here to say Hi!!   I believe the more support I can find the better off I will be.  I did attend the support group meeting last Wednesday.  It was a bit overwelming since I was only a couple of days out, but I look forward to attending more of them in the future.

Pam Hart
on 9/20/08 4:23 am - Easton, PA
Welcome to the pa forum!  There's a lot of Dr. Boe fans here!  I used barix too - but my surgeon was Dr. Pupkova.

Glad you came to the meeting -they have gotten very very large so it is overwhelming - but glad you are coming back!!

The pa forum is a grat place for support and friendships.  We are really like one big extended family rather than just a support board.

Welcome to the journey!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Nicole0216
on 9/20/08 4:33 am - Lancaster, PA
this is a great place for support and we are all family. welcome you wont regret it
Patricia R.
on 9/20/08 7:23 am - Perry, MI
Hi Kim,
Welcome the PA forum.  I am also a Barix patient.  Dr. Marymor did my surgery two years ago.  The PA forum is the best on OH. 

I hope this finds you sipping, walking and resting repeatedly.  That is the best way to recuperate.

Feel free to post questions and offer support.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

dit657
on 9/20/08 9:27 am - Boothwyn, PA

Hi Kim - welcome aboard!! My daughter's name is Kim, so I have a special place in my heart for all Kim's, and my surgeon was also Dr Boe at Barix - I had my Lap RNY in February and have done wonderfully - Dr Boe is one of the best but then again Barix is THE best!! I haven't been able to attend any of the post-op meetings at Barix due to distance but am hoping for some Saturday meetings soon.

This board is a fantastic place to come for support and assistance, questions you may have or just fun and companionship - or if you need a good butt-kicking when things aren't going like you think they should!! We provide all kinds of services out here - LOL!

Glad to have you here - we've all been newbies at one time.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
(deactivated member)
on 9/20/08 9:35 am
Welcome!
Dennis Belk
on 9/20/08 11:55 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Kim,
Welcome to the board!
See ya at the meeting next month,

Dennis
jovigirl
on 9/20/08 12:26 pm - washington, NJ
Peekaboo Kim nice to find you here too

MeLinda 
 Goal is 165 or thigh high boots whichever comes first

jarsam
on 9/20/08 4:02 pm
Hi Kim. It's nice to see you in here. There really are alot of nice people here.  Like I need more excuses to sit at the computer all night right?  It is nice because alot of the people we saw at the meeting are in here.  Hope you are doing well!  I start eating real food tomorrow. Well really Monday.  I will probably still have cottage cheese though.  lol  Or maybe I will try the cottage cheese pancakes someone was talking about.
Take Care Kim and I hope we see you at the next meeting!
Michele
Pam Hart
on 9/20/08 7:32 pm - Easton, PA
Real food isn't all it's cracked up to be!  LOL  Don't get me wrong - my diet is basically normal now - but I still find myself relying on "old faithfuls" like ricotta cheese and yogurts and the such.

Make sure with your transition you take it slow, eat very small amounts, and chew like heck.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views