Any PA bandsters?

Heather M.
on 9/19/08 11:50 am - Rosedale, MD
Hey there!  Just wondering if there are any/many bandsters in this PA forum?  I'll be moving closer to my parents in York once we get our house ready for sale and sold here in Maryland. 

Revised to VSG (6/11/09) weighing 253...

Patricia R.
on 9/19/08 2:11 pm - Perry, MI
Hi Heather,
While I am not a lap band person, I want to welcome you to the PA forum.  We have a great group of supportive, encouraging people here, and I am sure you will feel at home no matter what type of surgery.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Heather M.
on 9/20/08 5:26 am - Rosedale, MD
Thanks for the welcome Trish!  I'm in Maryland right now and use that forum for the most part and probably 85%+ are RNY.  Love my RNY buddies, but it's nice to know some bandsters too for more wls specific stuff. 

Pam Hart
on 9/20/08 12:42 am - Easton, PA
There are a few banders (I'm rny) but not they are kind of far and few between.  Marla is one of them and am sure she would be supportive of you - I forget her screen name off the top of my head....marlab maybe?  Somebody could probably answer the question for me....

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
bethmal
on 9/20/08 4:03 am
RNY on 12/26/17
Hi there Heather!  Welcome to PA!  I live in MD but had my surgery in PA so I have considered myself a PA person on the board.  I rarely come to the PA board because I hang out mostly on the band grad board - but since school started I haven't had time to visit any board.  Marla is also on here every once-in-awhile but not often.  The PA board is the best support around - great people and great support!  When are you moving?  I am going to look at a map of PA to find where York is.

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

Heather M.
on 9/20/08 5:20 am - Rosedale, MD
Beth!  Get your butt over to the Maryland board (where I mostly am); Andy pops in from time to time over there too.  You might not remember me, but you're one of my OH buddies from when I first was banded 2 years ago.  LOL  Mom and Dad moved to York 4 months ago and we are working on getting some things done on our house in Maryland and then we'll be putting it up for sale.  As soon as it gets sold we'll find a house in PA.  York is around exit 16 on I-83 (close to Lake Redman) so it's pretty south eastern just above Shrewsbury.  Where are you from in PA?  Right now we are in Rosedale, MD which is close to White Marsh and Essex  btw, didn't realize that there was a band grad board!  I bounce around between the MD forum, Lapband forum, and the post op pregnancy forum (since I'm preggy now).

bethmal
on 9/20/08 7:58 am
RNY on 12/26/17
I just sent you an invite to the band grad board - you have to be invited and then accepted by the moderators... but I know you will be.  I don't live in PA.  I had my surgery there and because I have attended a few support groups I consider myself part of the PA'ers - and they let me .

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

Heather M.
on 9/20/08 9:03 am - Rosedale, MD
Oh, thanks, I'll go check it out later!  Sorry I thought you used to live in PA lol  Andy used to though didn't he?  Seems like everyone is nice on the PA forum.  Guess it's true about the old state slogan,"you've got a friend in Pennsylvania" because everyone has been welcoming.

Pam Hart
on 9/20/08 11:31 am - Easton, PA
Yep yep - Andy definately lived in pa....he's a favorite on this board and is awesome for a kick in the butt when you need it and not to afraid to ask for help when he needs it.  Glad you guys got to know him, too.

Pam

PS - glad you like the pa forum....they welcomed this jersey girl with open arms (I had surgery in pa so post here instead as there are more members who have used barix than on the nj forum)
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
bethmal
on 9/20/08 11:20 pm
RNY on 12/26/17
Hey Heather - I have lived in the north eastern corner of Maryland for almost 8 years.  Andy moved down this summer - we are both imports, lol.  And it is true, at least on this board, everyone is friendly.
And I do remember you (forgot to respond before) from when we first had surgery.  Andy said something about going to Aaron's birthday party but I already had something planned so we weren't able to attend.  Are you the only bander in the MD board?

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views