Pilgrimage News/OH Event in Philly

Dennis Belk
on 9/19/08 5:45 am, edited 9/19/08 12:05 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Everyone,
I first announced it Wednesday night at the post-op Barix meeting. It's the news that we won't be having a Fall PA Pilgrimage in the usual sense. Instead we are strongly encouraging Everyone to attend the OH Philly Event in West Conshohocken on Oct. 4th at the West Marriott.  Cheryl, Heather T, Shauna and myself are really bummed that we can't do what we've done since June 2006. Our last Pilgrimage in May was really a great experience for all of us and a rousing success. Life just has all of us busy. Cheryl and Shauna are recovering from plastics, HT's got little Abby and Joey (with Bryan's help) and I, well I am just loaded in general with work and personal stuff. We've reached a time where we can only gear up for one major Pilgrimage a year. Right now that will be in the Spring of 2009, but we still hope to do something of significance, although a lesser event, in the Fall of 2009. 

We thank Everyone for their inquiries and great interest in what has become a wonderful event for all of us.  And even though our banner may be missing this year, our presence at the OH event will still be huge.  A great many of us will be there and Cheryl Schulman has also provided a promo code discount too. It is Schulman08 to be used when you register and offers  50% off the $40. ticket.

So again we encourage Everyone to be there. This is the first Philadelphia event for Obesity Help and we want them to see our huge member numbers and of course return to the area year after year.

We thank all of the you who have attended the PA Pilgrimage in the past and ask that you wear or bring some of your pilgrimage regalia to the OH event. Your t-shirts or pins or water bottles or name tags and lanyards, you get the idea.

So we'll be there and may be we'll hang out a little, together at the end of the day.

See ya there!

Dennis       
Nicole0216
on 9/19/08 7:58 am - Lancaster, PA
Hi Dennis. This is dissappointing but I think a good idea. Better to do it right then when you can't commit and afterall we have to learn to take care of ourselves dont we? I will be at the event, and if anyone wants to meet up Sunday morning for an impromptu support group. Of if my beck group wants to meet because that will be about half way through that is also a possibility,
Dennis Belk
on 9/19/08 12:19 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Nicole,
All good thoughts, may be some of the group we'll want to hang for a longer weekend.
BTW - Great work with your Beck group!
All the best and see ya in W Conshohocken,

Dennis
Patricia R.
on 9/19/08 9:50 am - Perry, MI
Hi Dennis,
I am planning to attend the OH Philly event, but have never been to a Pilgrimage due to craziness in my life since I had my surgery.  Hopefully, I can have things settled by Spring '09.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in Conshohocken.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Dennis Belk
on 9/19/08 12:22 pm - Philadelphia, PA
That's great Trish!
So we'll see ya at the OH event and we'll be planning another major PA Pilgrimage for the Spring.

Dennis
Maesy1
on 9/20/08 12:13 am
Hi Dennis,
       Thank You so much for the info. I am so bummed I wanted to go so bad but we are leaving for vacation that day. I am looking forward to the next event though. Thanks Dennis.
                                                          Mae
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views