***Friday Roll Call****

Pam Hart
on 9/18/08 6:23 pm - Easton, PA
Morning all!

After work today I am going to mom's house to do some laundry as I have tons and tons of it.  You know that commercial for the washer and dryer where the 6 mos pile of laundry is rolling through the back yard "attacking" the family?  That's what I feel like right now.

People at work have saved boxes for me and so have people at my mom's work so I'll be bringing all them home - and then probably start packing some non essential items.  Of course I dont' know where in my house I will put these boxes - but that's ok - we'll be living in chaos for some time - including once we move.

Speaking of which - think some good thoughts.  My  brother has a friend whose grandmother has just totally renovated a house on a bunch of property somewhere near Allentown and is looking to rent it out - supposedly within our rent range.  I'm  trying to get my brother to either give me a phone number or have him give them my phone number.  My brother is sometimes not great at follow through.  But hopefully I will find out more information and maybe even get a place to live without to much effort.

By the time I get laundry done and then packing a few boxes I'm sure it will be later on in the day and I'll have to get my butt to sleep.  Oh - and perhaps make a few follow up phone calls on places I had seen in the newspaper for rent as well and haven't heard back.  This will definately be a process!!

Have a great day all!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Patricia R.
on 9/18/08 7:44 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Pam,
I am still trying to get caught up on sleep deprivation.  I have been on a Medrol dose pack for a few days, and it is a double dose, meaning I am taking two, back to back.  So, Monday and Tuesday I had six each day, and yesterday I had five, and will have five today.  So, I am not sleeping well, and feeling kind of agitated, to say the least. 

I saw the ENT yesterday, and he changed one of my Rx nasal sprays and wants to see me in a month. 

Today, I am heading to work, and then to the Walmart for cat food and kitty litter.  After that, I am coming home and cleaning and tidying, and knitting.  I have a busy weekend ahead of me, and will not have time to play catch up.

I hope everyone has a safe Friday.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Pam Hart
on 9/18/08 10:44 pm - Easton, PA
Trish,

Hope you feel better and get to the bottom of this ear thing soon.  And that is yucky about the prednisone - it works well but is a nasty drug as you know.

The real reason I wanted to respond, however...is thank you for needing kitty litter because I TOTALLY forgot I needed it and your post reminded me.  I'm even more thankful I read this while at moms so I didn't realize it once I got home!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
ktreavis
on 9/18/08 7:45 pm - PA
Good Morning All -

Today will probably be a pretty stressful day. I mentioned at the meeting on Wednesday that I am experiencing huge amounts of stress and that should all come to a head and be over with today. I am hoping to get through today without a visit from the police department. We had been renting part of our house and the woman has worn out her welcome. She is supposed to be out by tomorrow and we have had some heated conversations and today we will be changing locks and stuff, so all in all I am just trying to keep my cool. Boy am I glad that I no longer have blood pressure issues, I can only imagine how much worse this would be. So needless to say I haven't slept much in the last few days and I am just trying to get caught up.
On the other hand, my hubby is completely recovered from his back surgery and feeling great, he is looking for a full time job now and I am hoping that will all work out.
Also trying to get some sponsors for the 5K at Tyler PArk on Oct. 11th. I spoke to my boss yesterday about promoting it at work and she is all for it. It is to benefit Autism awareness and we have quite a few families in our care affected by austim. Ok, gotta get changed and get to job #2 for the day. Hope you all have a good one.

Katie 

Progress not perfection

Pam Hart
on 9/18/08 10:46 pm - Easton, PA
And if you need someone to kick her out and move on in - we'll do it!  LOL just kidding.  Sorry for all your troubles.  I heard you mention the stress thing - and wanted to come over and talk to you about what was going on - then I started looking at Shauna's incision (can't get the nursing out of me I guess) and never made it back over.  I hope all works out well.

Pam
Liz R.
on 9/18/08 8:51 pm - Easton, PA
Pam - Good luck with your Brother's friend and the house! When we moved our apartment - better known as "Box City" was packed and chaos for weeks - but it sure did make moving day a whole lot easier!

I am at work today 6-4 as usual. Had another rough night - lots of attacks :( I call today between 3-4 to get my time for monday. I'm so ready!

Tomorrow I am going upstate (MIDDLE OF NO WHERE) to my cousin's wedding, I am taking their photos so it is going to be a busy day with lots of driving (2 hours each way on windy back roads).

Sunday I am staying close to home, cleaning and prepping for surgery on monday. WAnt to make sure that the house is clean, sheets are changed etc so I don't have to worry about that while I am recovering.

Well make it a great day everyone and have a fantastic weekend - it is supposed to be gorgeous weather!

Liz

Laureen S.
on 9/18/08 10:17 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Good Morning Pam and PA!

Seems like I'm not the only busy person, isn't it wonderful that we are so much more mobile and able to move about more freely, though I did a lot of the things I do now, being 73 lbs. lighter certainly keeps me from tiring out like I used to. . . 

Anyway, I have the gym, then it's off for a manicure/pedicure, bank stuff, cleaning, laundry, AA meeting and then I'm pretty much done, probably stick a fork in me, well done. . .

Hope you all have a safe and wonderful day!

Hugs, prayers and positive thoughts,

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

dit657
on 9/18/08 10:47 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning all - I'm off today but busier than ever! Got up early to walk the dog and the workers were here to load up their trailer - we had a retaining wall built out front because we had this huge mulch hill that looked horrible - we also had a little patio put in - very nice - we're really pleased - only took them a day and a half!

Have already walked the dog twice this morning - first time I had to carry his fat little butt up the hill past the noisy workers because he was skitzing so bad and then he never did do his business. Came back, ate and fed him gave him a bath, emptied the trash, played ball with him then took him for another walk - success the second time around.

After I get off here I'm going to iron hubby's shirt for the wedding we have tonight, then ride my bike. Shower, then off to get my nails and hair done - see, busy day!!

Hope everyone has a great day!

kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Melanie B.
on 9/18/08 11:02 pm - Doylestown, PA
Yay it's Friday, and i have officially made it through my first week back to work.

Needless to say i'm am just beat, but with that said my house is a wreck since I can barely do the minimum when i get home. So tonight is the night I WILL get it in order. I really prefer to clean on Friday nights so that I can wake up Saturday morning to a nice clean home and have a relaxing weekend. (not sure relaxing weekends ever happen with 6 kids)

My next goal for the weekend is to really start exercising. I am almost 4 weeks out, have lost 32lbs but haven't done CRAP in the form of activity.

So that's abotu it, I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Pam Hart
on 9/18/08 11:11 pm - Easton, PA
You will find your energy coming back with some exercise.  Keep it light, in the beginning though, especially with just returning to work.

6 kids??  God bless you woman.

Pam
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views