Beck People

Nicole0216
on 9/18/08 8:55 am - Lancaster, PA
How ya doing? Making new wish lists? Working on finding your chocolate?

ANy questions on the daily excercises this week?

Patricia R.
on 9/18/08 11:49 am - Perry, MI
Nicole,
The day after we had our chat online, I went into work and a colleague handed me three Hershey's Kisses.  I laughed because I thought about our assignment to find our chocolate, and said to myself, "I don't think this is what Nicole had in mind."

I am still making my list. 

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Nicole0216
on 9/18/08 12:16 pm - Lancaster, PA
LOL no that is now what I meant. It doesnt count if someone gives you, your chocolate. You have to find it.....

Good for you. If you have any trouble with the daily stuff let me know.
keri2008
on 9/19/08 1:20 am - PA
I can believe that happened Trish because I went into my bosses office to do a checkin and she had 3 BAGS of chocolate candies on her desk.  She was in the process of filling up the candy bowl (had been empty for a while).  She's very supportive so we both laughed about it.

I am working on my lists and I haven't found my chocolate yet, although nurturing an attitude of gratitude has been my focus this week and it is surprising how good it makes me feel (going over the positives, thinking about what i like and love about myself, being thankful in general).

No questions yet for me!  I just keep asking myself one everytime I go to do something or find myself with stinkin' thinkin' - "Is this the most resourceful option (the thought, the activity, etc.) for you?" 

Keri
Nicole0216
on 9/19/08 1:28 am - Lancaster, PA
good for you.

yes because most of our feelings, and behaviors begin with a thought, it can be a image, self talk but always begins with some thought. And most of the time it is STINKIN THINKIN. My worst enemy is negative self talk.
HopefulFuture
on 9/19/08 1:28 am - Boston, MA
Hey Nicole!

I am doing ok...a bit confused though...new wish lists?  Finding your chocolate?  Are these things I missed during the last half hour of Chat?

I did however, climb two extra flights of stairs yesterday that I don't usually climb (for spontaneous exercise) and I finally asked Adam if we could move some of his snacks to less obvious places so I am not tempted by them (environmental changes)  -- I was putting off doing this because I didn't want to "inconvenience" him in "his" house, but I pretty much live here anyway ;) and it turns out he didn't mind at all...he said to me "you know, I am never going to eat these things now, because I can't see them...wait, that's probably a good thing anyway" -- so it all worked out :)

Lisa :)

Nicole0216
on 9/19/08 2:22 am - Lancaster, PA

yes i guess you did miss that par.  I am gonna send you the chat when I get home.
Basically, we talked about how we all had these lists if things we want to do when we lose weight. Like cross our legs LOL. I said that was my top one. Well I can cross my legs in abudance now. We talked about how we arent sure what to do now. I told them that they need a new  wish list.

We also talked about lacking pleasure without using food or substances. Chocolate was brought up ALOT. So the goal is to find your chocolate. Meaning not really chocolate, but what is it that gives you pleasure. Sex? Pampering? Affection? Where can we now get our bliss without is coming from something we put in our mouths.

HopefulFuture
on 9/23/08 9:09 am - Boston, MA
Sorry for not responding on this post sooner Nicole.  If you still have the chat from last Tuesday, would you mind sending it to me?  Also, thanks so much for clearing up the "new lists" and "finding your chocolate" things for me ;)

See you tonight in Chat!

Lisa :)

Pam Hart
on 9/19/08 2:57 am - Easton, PA
Nicole,

Although I can't participate in the chats and don't have the book I do enjoy reading everyone's posts.  I think once things settle down with the move and orientation and what not I might go out and get the book and do some reading myself.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Nicole0216
on 9/19/08 3:49 am - Lancaster, PA
it will stll be there, take your time.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views