Band doc for fill in South Eastern PA???

Heather M.
on 9/18/08 11:23 am - Rosedale, MD
Looking for a band doc for fills in South East PA preferably not far from I-83.  I'm in Maryland, but we will be moving up that way and hubby has just accepted a job in Harrisburg with Capital Blue Cross insurance so I might need to commute for fills until we actually make the move.  I'm not sure yet if my Maryland doc and NP are covered under the new insurance.  Will find out tomorrow via telephone, but I'll eventually need to find a band doc up there anyway so any suggestions are greatly appreciated!  Thanks

Revised to VSG (6/11/09) weighing 253...

Pam Hart
on 9/18/08 11:26 am - Easton, PA
Heather,

I'm not real sure on the pa geography thing yet as I'm a jersey girl (who is moving to pa but I've posted here for well over a year cause I had surgery at Barix in pa) but wanted to welcome you to the boards.  You are joining a great group here in pa - and we have a few other Heathers floating around this board so you'll fit right on in (we clarify them with last initials and we don't have an "HM" yet so I think you may have just gotten yourself a new nick name!!)

The only place I know of is Barix Clinics in Langhorne.  I don't think that is to close to Harrisburg, though.

Welcome!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Heather M.
on 9/19/08 11:46 am - Rosedale, MD
Hey Pam, thanks for the welcome!  I have NO idea where Langhorne is lol.  Hubby's job is in Harrisburg, but we plan on moving closer to the York area since that's where my parents are, but I'm open to looking into any advice I get.  I did find out that my band surgeon is covered under the new insurance.  He'd be just over a half hour from York, but back in Baltimore so once we move I could still ideally see him if I didn't find someone I like in PA.  We'll see! 

(deactivated member)
on 9/18/08 11:29 am
Try Dr. Brader at Lancaster General Bariatrics.  He does lap band fills and is an EXCELLENT doctor. 
Heather M.
on 9/19/08 11:48 am - Rosedale, MD
Hi Heather!  We'll be looking at moving around York, but Lancaster is just about a half hour away so I'll keep Dr. Brader in mind.  I did find out that my surgeon is covered under the new plan and he's just over a half hour from York back in Maryland so I have that as an option too if I don't find someone I like in PA.  Thanks for the info, it's greatly appreciated! :)

(deactivated member)
on 9/22/08 11:49 am
There are 2 groups in the South Central PA area, that I know about.  One is associated with Hershey Med Center  and the other is in Harrisburg, just off of I 83., The name of that group is The Weight Loss Center. Both of these places are about an half hour fromYork. So you still might want to use your Maryland Dr.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views