Hi it's Michele with my first question

jarsam
on 9/18/08 10:54 am
Hi.  This doesn't have anything to do with surgery.  As alot of you know I am new here.  I have been writing back to everyone one of you who were so kind to send me warm welcomes and notes. The only thing is I have been posting them on my original post (titled, Tonight's meeting in Langhorne) under each one of your names or posts.  Is that the correct place to respond to something or is it better to send them personally?  Or maybe somewhere else.  I usually don't have a difficult time figuring things out or with a computer but the boards here are a little confusing for a newbie. Can someone help me out here with this?  lol  Thank you!!!  Oh and what is HTML Editor.    I  feel so dumb asking these questions.  Like I said I usually don't have a problem figuring things out.
Thanks,  Michele
(deactivated member)
on 9/18/08 11:04 am
It's fine to respond to people directly in a post....or, if you don't want everyone reading what you have to say, you can use the PM.  The HTML editors give you two different ways your post will look like.  On editor #1 you can use all the great smiley thingies....I don't think you get that option in #2, but you can add background color.  OOOOHHHHH...and I just noticed that we can do spell check now!!!! YeeHaaaa...I am the worlds WORST speller!!  It't about time OH added that!!

HG
jarsam
on 9/18/08 11:11 am
Thanks so much Heather!   I just didn't know if people usually go back into the original post to see if something is written to them.  lol  Thanks for explaining things.
Michele
Pam Hart
on 9/18/08 11:16 am - Easton, PA
I personally go back and read ALL the responses - just part of my obsession.  Also - there is a way to make it so that when somebody responds to your post you get an email notification to let you know somebody has responded.  I forget for the life of me how to set that up automatically...but I'll look around over the next couple of days and see if I can't find it.

I agree w/ HG - however you want to is fine.  I use PM (private messaging) when I have something to say that I don't want the whole board seeing or whatever.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
jarsam
on 9/18/08 11:22 am
Thanks so much Pam!  I am the same way.   I like to go back and read everything.  I do get the e=mails letting me know when someone sends a post to me but I guess I didn't realize that when I answer someone in my original post that they would get an e-mail too.  Makes sense and I like it so who cares. lol
Thanks again,
Michele
Patricia R.
on 9/18/08 12:46 pm - Perry, MI

It took me a few days to figure it all out myself.  Pretty soon you will be an old pro at this. 

So glad you joined us here.  I am hoping to get to the October Barix meeting and catch up with all the old and new people then. 

Have you thought about going to the Obesity Help Philadelphia event on October 4th?

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

jarsam
on 9/18/08 2:33 pm
Thanks Trish.  What exactly goes on at the event in Phila.?
Patricia R.
on 9/18/08 7:47 pm - Perry, MI
Hi there,
Here is the link for the event in Philly.  There is a link for potential speakers.  I hear they are a lot of fun, and we can connect with vendors and other folks from around the area.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/events/uzone,events/action,event_ details/event_id,1809/

Here is a discount code to cut the cost of the event.  Use Schulman08 as the code.  I think it cuts the price in half.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

jarsam
on 9/18/08 10:58 pm
Thank you so much!  It sounds like it will be alot of fun!  I am really going to try to make it.  I am always looking for something a little different to do.  Thanks for the info!  I really apprecate it.  By the way,  I assume you are Trish but why does your avitar say Patricia R.  Is that your screen name?
Thanks again!
Michele
Patricia R.
on 9/19/08 12:10 am - Perry, MI
My name when I signed up for Obesity Help was as Patricia, but I go by Trish.  So, my avatar uses Patricia. 

Hope to meet you soon.

Hugs,
Trish

Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views