Something worth sharing. . .

Laureen S.
on 9/18/08 2:55 am - Maple Shade, NJ
The universe is transformation; our life is what our thoughts make it.
--Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

It's awesome, the power we each wield in the life that unfolds before us. The inclination of our thoughts invites that which we encounter, which is that which we expect to find. What we can become or experience is limited only by our imagination. Our dreams shine like beacons in the dimness of our minds.

Just as our thoughts can nurture positive experiences and outcomes, negative episodes might be drawn to us, too. We can be sure, though, that we use this individual power to create the flavor of each day as it's met.

Our attitude is the by-product of our thoughts. It is in our attitude that we discover strength or weakness, hope or anxiety, determination or frustration. Alone, we determine whether our attitude will be loving or jaundiced.

The breadth of personal power is awesome. Today will be what I choose to make it. No more and no less.

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

(deactivated member)
on 9/18/08 3:53 am
Thanks for sharing Laureen!

Here is something I found hanging on one of our crisis counselors desks yesterday that I really liked and I think it applies to many of us:

"Don't be afraid that your life will end.  Be afraid that it will never begin."-Grace Hansen

How many of us sit back and let life pass us by until......until we are skinny, until we feel worthy enough, until we get older, until we get smaller,  until we whatever.....

HG

Laureen S.
on 9/18/08 4:50 am - Maple Shade, NJ

HG,

Thanks for sharing and it is so right on. . .  by the way, you were never close enough for me to have a word with you, but you look GREAT! 

Hugs,

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

(deactivated member)
on 9/18/08 7:10 am
thanks Laureen!  I love your new avitar...beautiful!! 
(deactivated member)
on 9/18/08 3:56 am
Laureen
     Love the new avatar! You look great!

Also thanks for sharing the words of positive thinking...
Laureen S.
on 9/18/08 4:51 am - Maple Shade, NJ

Thanks Beth!

jackie j
on 9/18/08 4:45 am - Glenmoore, PA
Beautiful avatar Laureen!  You look very, very happy.

Jackie J.    hugs.gif image by LISAH900   ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange  

1 choice @ a time > 1 day @ a time.   Slow to Succeed is still Success ;-)

Laureen S.
on 9/18/08 4:53 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Hi Jackie,

Thanks, mostly I am happy, with a little of life's reality moments in between ;)

Hugs,

Nicole0216
on 9/18/08 5:01 am - Lancaster, PA
look at you cutie!!! 

I am loving this post.
Laureen S.
on 9/18/08 5:35 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Thanks Nicole,

I am hearing good things about your book study, unfortunately, with my schedule being what it is, I just don't have anything left to spend on the computer when I get home after my AA meeting on Tuesday's, but I will work on getting the book simply because I've heard it's very helpful.

Hugs and hope to see you somewhere soon. . .

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views