6 months out and I feel stuck....any advice?

dit657
on 9/18/08 10:43 pm - Boothwyn, PA
I know a lot of these responses are repetitive in a way, but if that's what it takes to get your head in the rigfht frame of mind then its a good thing.

You've done wonderfully well with your tool so far - at 6 months i hit a major stall myself - I knew that scale wasn't moving and it was frustrating, but I continued to exercise and felt the inches coming off instead of the pounds. Both are very satisfying, trust me.

Exercise is like anything else - a habit - and a good one. My nutritionist told me it takes 4-6 weeks to form a habit, even good ones, and she was right. I always walked and over the years would exercise from time to time, but never consistently. Once I started doing it on a consistent basis it became a way of life.

The key if finding something you like and are comfortable with to start - I bought a GOOD recumbant bike because I was still in my mid-300's when I began. I got a good MP3 player and downloaded playlists for working out with music I love - all kinds - rock, country, oldies, you name it - and I would start with a slow song to warm up, speed it up for a few songs, then a slow one again to cool down.

Now I walk a lot as well as ride my bike and joined a gym - the pounds are coming off again - and you really do have to mix up your food - sticking to the same diet day in and day out even tho its not much food is going to make you stall. Add protein shakes - make sure youre taking your vitatmins, and get out there and move your butt!!

You can do this - you can make it happen and you can take off more weight and keep it off - you have the most amazing tool available - USE IT!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
WannaBThin4OnceInM
yLife

on 9/19/08 12:09 am - Delaware County, PA
Ok as for the Avatar, I did all you toldme ot try Pam and still is not showing new pic on my end so I give up as long as you guys can see the improving me that will have to do I guess.

As for the answer to my vitamin check, I do nto go back to docs until October 30th and he is suppose to do blood work then I believe, but I am very faithful to all my vitimins and pills I have to take and fill my containers each week and pop them each day, so I am doing all vitimins that they told me to be on.  I truly think the fatigue is such fast weight loss in such short time and it makes me weak.  Even my daughter who has lost by the way 85 pounds plus in same amount of time, her and I do the mall thing once in a while and when we were just there last weekend she came to me after a while and asked me if I minded if we got going, that she had enough and was fatigued from it so and she is 19 and I 47 so I truly think it has ot do with too much weight loss too fast. But trust me I will be sure to be mentioning it to the doctor when I go.

as for the exercise, ok ok I hear ya all, and will after I feel better with chest cold that is taking me for a loop, I will set a regimen and get started even if it is 10 minutes 3 days a week and build it up I will giveit a try.  and I will try to start working my arms with this thing my son has that you put over the door and pull and stretch and bend with it it.  and hopefully it will kick my butt in gear.

thanks everyone for all your support in my time of need.

Donna

About to enjoy the first day of the rest of my life!

WannaBThin4OnceInM
yLife

on 9/19/08 12:23 am - Delaware County, PA
ok I got the avatar to work and my picture now shows, thanks.

by any chance does anyone know how some people get their avatar pictures to flash between their before picture and their up to date or after picture?  I would like to do that but do nto know how?

Happy to be in
Onederland

on 9/19/08 3:10 am
You need to have the two pics you want to switch back and forth from.  Attach them to an email to Sr. Jan Kelly on this board.  She will send it back to you ready for pasting into your profile.

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

WannaBThin4OnceInM
yLife

on 9/20/08 6:30 am - Delaware County, PA
thank you, how can I find her? Do you have an email?  I appologize but I am not very savvy on finding my way around this site and figuring things out fast. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views