Sorry gang...

Mike M.
on 9/18/08 5:10 am - Langhorne, PA
Hi everyone...

I know that many of you were anxious to see me at last night's Barix support group meeting.  Unfortunately a couple of cir****tances having to due with my plastic surgery/hernia repair prevented me from coming out.  First, I still have two drains attached and I'm not overly comfortable going anywhere with the drains attached.  Secondly, because the drains are attached, I have yet to be able to take a shower and, quite frankly, I smell.  LOL  Not exactly the way I want to feel in a group setting... know what I mean?  I've tried to maintain my personal hygiene as best I possibly can but there is no substitute for a nice, hot, soapy shower.  Hopefully I'll be able to have the drains removed tomorrow and be able to shower pretty much immediately.  Finally, I just stopped taking my pain meds "cold turkey" yesterday.  Pain meds = no driving.  I still have half the bottle left but I want to be able to drive as soon as possible so no more pain meds for me. 

Many thanks to both my Mom and Shauna who both volunteered to pick me up and take me to the meeting but I just didn't have it in me last night.  Sorry to disappoint but I promise that I will be there in all my "less lumpy" glory next month.

Thanks,

Mike
GD_007
on 9/18/08 5:22 am - Drexel Hill, PA
No worries Mike! 
-GD
(deactivated member)
on 9/18/08 5:24 am - Eastern, PA
Sounds like someone needs a new bottle of AXE...

:)

We'll see you soon enough
Pam Hart
on 9/18/08 5:28 am - Easton, PA
Healing is your FIRST priority right now Mike.  Dennis did announce your surgery and your recovery - and we were joking that maybe you were there and we just didn't recognize you!  LOL

Glad you are doing well - here's hoping those drains come out soon!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Laureen S.
on 9/18/08 5:43 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Hey Mike,

Sounds like your recovery process is going along, but thanks for sparing us the unpleasant o-dors (lol)!  Hope your recovery process continues in a smooth progression and with the desired results!  Looking forward to seeing you at the next meeting.

Hugs,

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Maesy1
on 9/18/08 7:43 am

Hi Mike,
         Sorry you couldnt make it but beleive I know how you feel . I had plastics done in May and I didnt want to go out either. I am glad to hear you are doing well and I hope to see you at the next meeting.
                                     Mae

CherylT
on 9/18/08 8:47 am - Perkasie, PA
Hope you are feeling better soon!

Dennis Belk
on 9/18/08 8:57 am - Philadelphia, PA

Hey Mike,
We were hyped to possibly see ya, but many of us know the cir****tances and feel for ya.
Give it time, there's no rush. We will all see you soon to be further amazed by BigMikeySmallz.

Later,

Dennis

cleos_mom
on 9/18/08 10:53 am - phila., PA
just glad to hear that you are okay and everything is comin along, see you next time
Susan
Jan K.
on 9/18/08 12:28 pm - Was Jenkintown, PA but now NYC, PA
Mikey!

You were indeed missed but totally understand that you couldn't and didn't.  Smart choice.  It will be more exciting now to see you next month, you know, suspense and leaving us ligering and wanting more .. .   LOL

Heal and take care.

Jan
         You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
                                                                                 --Mahatma Ghandi 
                                 Celebrate Life, L'Chaim, Peace, Shalom

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views