Fatigue???

keri2008
on 9/18/08 2:24 am - PA
I am three weeks out today and I have been noticing that right after I "eat" I get tired.  Not all the time but more often than not.  Has anyone experienced that?  Is it "normal?"  Any guidance/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Keri
dit657
on 9/18/08 2:33 am - Boothwyn, PA
Keri, the first thing you have to do following weight loss surgery is to throw that word 'normal' out the window - LOL!! There really isn't a 'normal' for us anymore - we all react different to the surgery, the food, everything.

Are you sitting up longer now or doing more? I doubt its the food making you tired, unless you're onto soft or pureed foods and its taking a lot longer to eat - then you may be feeling a little more fatigued from just sitting up?

If it gets much worse call your surgeon - honestly, they don't mind the questions and feel there is never a 'stupid' question.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
joldaker
on 9/18/08 2:48 am - West Bradford, PA
It seems like so long ago for me now but I remember still taking naps when I was 3 weeks out. I do remember being tired after eating. Yes dear, you are normal.

Jen
Highest Wt 299.8 / Surg Wt 285 / Curr Wt 157
Pam Hart
on 9/18/08 3:28 am - Easton, PA
A girlfriend of mine still experiences this and she's a good 3 years out I believe.  At this stage in the game I doubt you are eating many carbs - although further out that can be the culprit.  I remember being fatigued a few times a day - but can't remember if it coincided with eating.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Melanie B.
on 9/18/08 3:54 am - Doylestown, PA
Keri,

I'm a few days before you and I'm still pretty much drained daily. Sadly I'm back at work and cannot take my naps. however I took one (at least) daily for the first 20 days that i was home.

I think Pam is right, we're not getting a tremendous amount of carbs (carbs=energy) and if you're like me you're barely getting much of anything period. so it would make sense to still feel fatigued. Are you getting enough hydration? I know for me the first sign I'm not getting enough fluid is I start to drag ass.

keri2008
on 9/18/08 5:54 am - PA
Thank you all for your posts!  Hadn't clicked about the carbs (makes sense since I was so addicted to them!).  And Melanie, thanks for the hydration point, yesterday was the first day I did not get in all my water and I'll bet that's why I felt so horrible last night.  Now I feel more "normal" - whatever that is!!!! 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views