any jobs that cover surgery

MMsFlick78
on 9/18/08 2:22 am - York, PA

My brother and sister in law were trying to have surgery also.  They work for the same company, and the company itself doesn't cover the surgery.  My sister in law has been looking for other jobs that would cover the surgery.  If anyone can give me some ideas, I will let her know to look into it.  Right now she does computer work and is full time and can't take a job less then $12 an hour.  Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Michelle

dit657
on 9/18/08 2:30 am - Boothwyn, PA
Its not the job but the insurance -- and if a company wants to pay the insurance premiums that cover weight loss surgery. And all insurance companies are different - mine required either a 6 month documented diet right up front, or a 3 month diet and exercise regime along with a myriad of tests before approving me for surgery, but they did approve it. So what they really need to look at is insurance coverage, not the job itself. I wish them both the best.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
MMsFlick78
on 9/18/08 2:36 am - York, PA
Thanks Kathy!  I'm trying everything in my power to help them out!!  The need and deserve to get the surgery.
(deactivated member)
on 9/18/08 3:50 am
I have heard from others on another board that I read ...Starbucks offers good insurance and their insurance will cover it plus they offer insurance to part time employees.  I do not know details just what i have read and seena few people take the part time job just to get surgery.

Good Luck to your family on their quest.
Melanie B.
on 9/18/08 3:57 am - Doylestown, PA
My company includes WLS in their policy but I'm far from York, Pa.

For me I switched jobs becasue my prior employer had an exclusion for WLS.

If I were them I would just go out and interview and if/when they are offered a job they need to ask for the "summary of benefits". They dont have to tell them what for either.

jojobear98
on 9/18/08 5:19 am - Gettysburg, PA

It's definately about the insurance coverage. Not the actual job.

But with you guys living close to me, could I suggest Wellspan? There are lots of non-medical jobs, it's a great company to work for and SEVERAL locations in York and Adams counties. Their website is www.wellspan.org.

Looking at benefits packages is the only way to know for sure. So when looking for a job, it's good to understand the insurance before you take the job, not waiting till orientation after you accept the job.

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

jdruski
on 9/18/08 9:27 am - Philadelphia, PA
PM about possible job availability lead.

Jeanne
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views