WOW, WHAT A SUPPORT GROUP!

Masonsgrammy
on 9/18/08 2:34 am

HI EVERYONE
MY NAME IS RONA.  MY SISTER MICHELE AND I CAME TO THE SUPPORT GROUP LAST NIGHT AND EVEN THOUGH IT WAS SOMEWHAT DEPRESSING, IT REMINDED ME WHY WE ARE ALL THERE.  SUPPORTING ONE ANOTHER IS JUST AS IMPORTANT WHETHER YOU'VE JUST HAD SURGERY, OR HAD IT 3 YEARS AGO.  THIS WAS MY THIRD MEETING THERE AND DENNIS WAS JUST WONDERFUL.  THIS IS MY FIRST TIME ON THIS SITE BECAUSE IT SEEMED A LITTLE MORE COMPLICATED TO GET ON THAN THE BARIX SITE.  BUT THE PEOPLE HERE ARE JUST AS WONDERFUL AND SUPPORTIVE.  I STILL HAVE 12 MORE DAYS UNTIL MY 3RD AND FINAL DATE FOR MY  LAP RNY, AND AM VERY ANXIOUSLY WAITING. I CAN'T WAIT TO BE ON THE OTHER SIDE WITH EVERYONE.  THANKS FOR LISTENING.
RONA

Laureen S.
on 9/18/08 2:42 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Rona,

So glad you were there last night, along with your sister, and while I can understand your seeing it as somewhat depressing, I think you tapped into what the experience is all about, that good days or bad days we are all in this to help one another and the realities are that as people get further away from their early days, life and old habits can creep up and if we can't get real about what is going on with us, then we might become lost and therein lies the possibility of regaining weight.  Welcome to the PA board of OH, lots of the folks in last night's meeting are right here and then there are others, that this is their only form of support, so good luck as you progress on your journey towards healthier living.

Hugs,

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Pam Hart
on 9/18/08 3:31 am - Easton, PA
Rona,

Glad you were able to make it along with your sister.  I'm a Dr. P patient too - and can't say enough good things about her.

Our meetings are there to encourage and to celebrate.  You got to see the surgiversaries and what not as well.  And when one of the group is struggling - we all struggle and rally to support them through their time of need.  More times than not - those same people have been a pillar of support for all of us (Dennis and Andy to name a few...)

Good luck with your RNY!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
(deactivated member)
on 9/18/08 3:33 am
Welcome Rona!  Glad you found your way to the OH site.  You will find its a great place to be.

Heather G
(deactivated member)
on 9/18/08 5:09 am
Rona

I am glad you found us over here...Most of us there last night are also here. I know from talking to you at the pre-op you have been through a roller coaster ride on this journey, You are going to do great. Next month you will be on the other side of the bench,. We are waiting for you!
Dennis Belk
on 9/18/08 5:51 am - Philadelphia, PA

Thank you Rona,
Even when there are somewhat depressing issues we face we all come away feeling better and equipped to make changes for the better. We also manage to have a good time while still learning, sharing and crying together. I hope to see you and Michele join us again and all the best with your upcoming RNY.

You're gonna do great!

Dennis

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views