It's a good day - out of no where!

Pam Hart
on 9/17/08 11:50 pm - Easton, PA
Going to update my ticker.  For probably the past 5 weeks I've been "bouncing" between 129-132.  I was really OK with that.  At my 9 mos visit in July I was told to get down to 128.  I very briefly got down to 129 - but 131 has been my basic number.

I haven't stepped on the scale in well over a week.

I got on it today.

I really couldn't believe it!!  I wasn't exactly "looking" for that number - but it was cool to see.

Thanks to all my friends here I know this is really just the beginning.  Hubby wants to know "what happens if you bounce up a pound or two?" and really - I'm ok as long as I hang in this general area.  I will continue to work my tool and my body....and I will continue to look for support as I believe it is important.  I think my personal goal will now be to maintain below 130.

Now for the fun part....maintaining and maintenance of successing.  Both the most difficult challenge I have yet to face.
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Nicole0216
on 9/18/08 12:12 am - Lancaster, PA
that is so cool. I cant wait until I get to goal. I am tired of messing around. I have been the same weight give or take a few at least 9 mos now
Liz R.
on 9/18/08 2:11 am - Easton, PA
Congrats Pam!! That is fantastic news!

Nicole I am right there with you! I have been holding pretty steady for the last 8-9 months. Right on the cusp of 200-202. I am ready to break that mark! And I am only a few months behind you (1/30/07) and 40 pounds to go...

Liz
Laureen S.
on 9/18/08 12:42 am - Maple Shade, NJ

Woo hoo Pam!    From the gist of last nights meeting, I'd say the journey is awesome, but the road has bumps and as you stated support is an important part of the maintenance, we've certainly got plenty amongst us on this board! 

Keep on "successing" girlfriend and thanks for sharing your seat last night ;)

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

New_Beginnings_36
on 9/18/08 1:21 am - PA
HIJACK -

Laureen - Love the new avatar!! You look fabulous!!

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
Laureen S.
on 9/18/08 1:31 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Thanks Stephanie, I figured it was time for an updated one and brought my camera along last night to Barix, Sister Jan kindly took a bunch of shots for me to pick from ;)

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

Pam Hart
on 9/18/08 1:56 am - Easton, PA
Great new avatar Laureen!!  And as for sharing the seat - how cool is it that WE could do that??  That should be an advertisement all in of itself - a pre op sitting in the seat and then TWO post ops sitting in the seat.  I admit - a teeny weeny snug - but darn it was cool!!

Thanks so much!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Laureen S.
on 9/18/08 2:28 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Aww shucks Pam, thanks, it certainly needed to be updated and thanks to Sister Jan, I got it done. . .   as for sharing the seat, in a couple of months, I'm thinking it will be less snug, but yeah, I like the idea of the advertisement for Barix (lol)!  BTW, did you make an appointment for your 1 year follow-up?  I have mine on Halloween, funny thing, seem to remember I was visiting you last year on that day ;)

Hugs,

Pam Hart
on 9/18/08 3:25 am - Easton, PA
yep yep yep - you were definately there that day!!

I have to get my little card - I think mine is the 23rd.  But I made it before my work schedule came out and I may have to reschedule.  We shall see.

Pam
dit657
on 9/18/08 2:27 am - Boothwyn, PA

Oooh - hi-jack #2 - am just now able to see your new avitar Laureen - its amazing - you look stunning!!! I love your smile!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views