THANK YOU!!!

Andy Kovatch
on 9/17/08 10:22 pm - York, PA
I just wanted to thank everybody for their encouragement during last night's meeting.  I sure as hell needed it.  Being 2 1/2 years out, the last thing I thought abou****ing a brick wall and doing an about face with everything I had learned.  Last night reminded me just how important support groups are.

The kick in the ass was exactly what I needed and it's what I was looking for.  Dennis, Dolores, Arlene, Laureen, Shauna, Pam, Baldilox and everybody else that tried to get me back on the wagon - I thank you from the bottom of my heart.  Dennis and Shauna, you were both dead on.  I distanced myself from the group that meant so much and provided so much support these past couple of years. 

Like I said last night, the words of encouragement are great and much appreciated, but, in the end, it was up to me to make the right food choices and to get my ass back to the gym.  Once I walked out those doors last night, I had to make the choice to pick myself up and dust myself off and get back on the wagon. 

I knew when I signed up for this knew life that it wasn't just a short term committment.  I knew it wasn't Jenny Craig, Weigh****chers, LA Weight Loss or Atkins.  This was something I was going to have to do for the rest of my life.   I thought I was prepared for all the changes, but obviously I wasn't.  I thought I had it all figured out, but obviously I didn't.  I was lost and didn't know where to turn.  As it turns out, all I had to do was turn to the people that have helped me get to where I was.

Yes, after walking out last night and driving home, all I did was think about things.  In fact, the hour and a half drive seemed like it only took a half hour as I was daydreaming.  I thought about all the advice I received and what I needed to do.  I felt rejuvinated.  I was thinking about the plastic surgery stories that were told and I was thinking about how close I was to getting my tummy tuck done before insurance turned it down.  I thought about how close I really was to what I considered the final product.  And then I thought about how I let it all fall apart.  Thanks to you all I am now thinking clearly this morning. 

I am getting ready to go on a 5 mile jog and I can't wait until I finish because I know how good it feels after I run.  If I live to talk about it and see another day I'm going to run my 7.5 mile course tomorrow.  It's a hunger I haven't felt in quite a while.  I will survive this speed bump in the road.  I've come WAY too far to continue to go backwards. 

Finally, I just wanted you all to know how truly special you've been to me these last couple years and how important you were to my successing.  You really are a treasure and I almost threw it all away by pushing you away these last three months.  Thank you for continuing to be my support and, more importantly, my friends.

"No matter how hard life may get, no matter how many curveballs you are thrown, keep in mind, if you want to succeed - QUITTING IS NOT AN OPTION"!!!

GD_007
on 9/17/08 10:38 pm - Drexel Hill, PA
You are da man!  Have a great run (and do look into the annual (not monthly) YMCA menbership) .
-GD
Dennis Belk
on 9/18/08 12:49 am - Philadelphia, PA

Hey Greg,

Thanks for your efforts in helping da man Andy last night. Thanks to You and Everyone else he's on the road back.

Dennis 

Laureen S.
on 9/17/08 10:46 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
That's the spirit Andy! 

Last night's meeting was very good for all, I think that even those early out need to know that the road has bumps and that no matter how far post-op we get, we still need each other to help get through the times like you are experiencing now. . .

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

NANCYL
on 9/17/08 11:16 pm - PHILA, PA
ANDY,
GLAD TO SEE THAT EVERYONE SUPPORT HELP YOU BECAUSE YOU DEFINETLEY HAVE HELP SO MANY ALONG THE WAY!!!!!!

Glad to see you are feeling alittle better about yourself and that you are posting and keeping corrected. Hope all is better for you now. Sorry we had to leave in the middle of your talk with everyone. Mae needed to get home, Hope to see you next month!

nancy
dit657
on 9/17/08 11:22 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Andy, you're human, first and foremost - and its good to know you can face your demons and come away feeling renewed and ready to tackle the world again - and the best part is I know you would do it for any of us in a heartbeat.

I go by the old Barix meeting place in Chadds Ford every day on my way to work, and I thought about it this morning and how fortunate I was for those first couple of meetings to introduce me to the group and to gain the encouragement and support I needed to face the surgery and all that went with it head on. I wish we were still a group and meeting there, but we all know the only constant in life is change, so we're adjusting.

I know you'll kick this little slide right in the butt, and even tho you're in Maryland now we will always look forward to your support and encouragement (and trials and tribulations) on the PA boards. Don't be a stranger!!

All the best - Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Pam Hart
on 9/17/08 11:31 pm - Easton, PA
"As it turns out, all I had to do was turn to the people that have helped me get to where I was"

Andy,

That sums it up right then and there.  I'm glad you were able to think about things.  And probably the hardest step was the first one you made last night - threw those doors with the annoying sound.  Admitting you are struggling is definately part of the problem.

Thank you as always for sharing with us.  You were one of the first ones to welcome me to the Barix meetings and have been a wonderful friend and counselor for me from the very beginning.  You get it - and I must add, still got it!  The great thing is - we don't expect perfection.  Cause if you were perfect - not a single one of us could relate to you. 

Good luck on your 7.5 mile run today - I have no doubt you will live to tell about it.

The only thing I didn't get to say to you last night was a comment you made.  "I make a bad choice each and every day"  Well hot damn - I'm sure we all make a bad choice each and every single day.  Maybe not about WLS and our journey...but maybe about buying a blouse we really don't need....saying hurtful words to someone that shouldn't have been said....eating a wrong meal.  The fact is you made one VERY GOOD CHOICE last night by coming and sharing.  Don't focus on that one bad choice, focus on the good choices you make.  There was a time not to long ago my friend that your bad choices included Sweedish Fish (evil little devils I might add)  Fine, move on.  Dwelling on the bad will not help you get past it.

Your thank you post shows that.  It's the motivation you needed and I'm so glad to be a part of your journey and have you as a part of mine (and baldilox too as you so lovingly put it!)

Love you,

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Dennis Belk
on 9/18/08 12:55 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hey Brother,
Welcome back from the throes of defeat. It was a wrong turn but you're back on course now. You're just damn lucky your long lost cousin Norm wasn't there to grill ya, but Brian did a nice step in.
Stay true, stay focused, stay in contact.
That's the answer.

Dennis
Maesy1
on 9/18/08 7:52 am
Hi Andy,
         I am glad to hear you are feeling better. You have been a tremendous support to all of  us along the way so we are all here for you now when you need us!!!!!!!!!!!!!.   

Mae
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 9/18/08 8:57 am
It does feel good knowing that every single face inside those "doors" comes with the esteemed title "Friend".  Where else could you find so many paralel's to our own journey.  Never give up the fight. "Quitting is not an option".

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views