is this right?

BrunetteKimberly
on 9/17/08 7:35 am - Pittston, PA
I am two weeks out and it seems like everything is going down too smoothly.  Am I suppose to feel full yet?  Or is it just head hunger?  Has anyone used Benadryl to sleep?  Does it still take a while for you too eat or drink?  I know that I am still only eating soft food but I am not sure if this is normal.

start 275/ current 272.5/ goal 139   5'8

dit657
on 9/17/08 11:28 am - Boothwyn, PA
You sound perfectly normal for 2 weeks out - you're not going to feel full for a long time - be glad you can get most of your fluids and at least some of your proteins in daily at this stage. Head hunger sucks but it hits a lot of us - and that's all it is because if you seriously thought about eating it you would definitely be turned off.

Your doctor and nuts should be guiding your food progression - you need to take it slow and in stages to let your pouch heal properly - don't rush things - you'll get tired of pudding and stuff like that but it doesn't last forever and eventually you'll be back on 'real' food.

Not sure about the Benadryl - again I'd check with your surgeon before taking anything like that - better to be safe than sorry.

Congrats on your surgery - and having things go down so well - a lot of people really struggle at this time - sounds like you're doing great.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Nicole0216
on 9/17/08 11:47 am - Lancaster, PA
you wont feel full yet nerves are still healing that is why it is important to measure.

Jason laughed at me early out because i was complaiing that getting food and fluid in was too easy. It is ok,. some people do better than others early out. Just dont pu**** just because you can eat it does not mean you should. eventually you find that out the hard way. Just measure and drink slowly and eat slowly
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views