2 compliments in 1 morning!

Shan08
on 9/17/08 1:30 am - the Skook, PA
Ok, so I doubt myself a lot when it comes to this particular journey... and I've been getting discouraged thinking my body hasn't changed at all.

Well, my boss hasn't seen me in a while and she was at our office today and said, "Geez Shannon!  You've been losing haven't you!"  I was like omg, you're a doll.  lol

Then a couple hours later, a coworker comes in to my office and tells me that she didn't want to say anything befor ein front of everyone, but she really is noticing i've lost weight too!

Sooo I HAVE been noticing little things (like shoes feel bigger, watch seems bigger, and some of my clothes seem baggier)... but THEN I doubt my own perceptions and assume they were probably just like that before but I didn't notice.

Yes, I am my own worst enemy.  ;o)

Ok, well, just had to share.

Thanks for reading,
Shannon

"If you want something bad enough, you'll find it.
If you don't, you'll find excuses."
(deactivated member)
on 9/17/08 1:34 am
That's awesome, Shannon!  I love when people share their wow's.  Many many more coming your way, so you better get used to them! 

HG
(deactivated member)
on 9/17/08 1:38 am
Awesome Wow moment Shannon!

You are not alone I think we are all our worst enemies! I still struggle to see what others are seeing.

HopefulFuture
on 9/17/08 2:26 am - Boston, MA
That must have felt so great Shannon!  We are often our own worst enemies ;)  Hope you have many more moments like these and that you are enjoying your journey every step of the way!

Lisa :)

keri2008
on 9/17/08 2:50 am - PA
Congrats on your compliments!  Hard to take and hard to believe sometimes I think.  You are doing great and maybe we should try to make friends with ourselves?!  :0)

Keri
Pam Hart
on 9/17/08 3:02 am - Easton, PA
Shannon,

Welcome to the doubters club!!  And remember to take each and one of those compliments to heart - because people really really mean them and we doubt ourselves ALL the time.

Try to take pictures as often as you can.  You may not see the difference in pictures right away - but then one day you will be looking at them going "OMG....look at THIS" and you will be able to see the difference slowly but surely.

Congrats on your wow moments - and many many more coming your way!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
dit657
on 9/17/08 4:10 am - Boothwyn, PA
Shannon those are awesome wow moments!! Its wonderful (and scary) when people begin to notice the weight loss. Like everyone else noted, we're our own worst enemies when it comes to recognizing the changes in our bodies - but believe me, yours is changing and for the better, and you'll begin to notice it soon. For now smile and say a big thank you when someone notices and walk away glowing!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Shan08
on 9/17/08 6:59 am - the Skook, PA

THANK YOU!!   
Nicole0216
on 9/17/08 11:53 am - Lancaster, PA
it takes a long time for our brain to catch up. SO just be patient and say thank you. Oh and yes get used to it because more are a coming.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views