Shouting from the roof tops

ladychief231
on 9/17/08 3:16 am - Douglassville, PA

Hi Everyone,

I’m so jazzed up today I feel like I need to shout from the rooftops. For about 3 years now I have been searching for a church or a spiritual outlet that was contemporary, inclusive, meditative in nature, and I wanted to feel connected to the pastor or leader. I just hadn’t found the right fit all around until last night. Last night I took my first Yoga class and I have to tell you I went kicking and screaming thinking it was going to be a bore. Well, it was fantastic! I think now it wasn’t a church necessarily that I was looking for but it was Yoga. Who knew?  This class met my spiritual and meditative needs, and my physical needs.   The instructor was great and I connected with her personality and teaching style right off the bat. So for all of you who think or thought Yoga was a bore and such I’m here to say “try it you may like it”.  I can't wait until next Tuesday night to go again.

Best,

Teresa

Teresa O

RNY 4/1/2008

PA

dit657
on 9/17/08 4:16 am - Boothwyn, PA
That's wonderful that you've found exactly what you were looking for, even it it wasn't what you thought! My boss is into yoga and loves it - another woman in here just joined a Pilates class. Sounds like you've found 'peace' with yoga and that's wonderful - enjoy!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Nicole0216
on 9/17/08 11:50 am - Lancaster, PA
that is so wonderful
(deactivated member)
on 9/17/08 1:06 pm
Thats great, Teresa!  Do you have to sign up for a block of classes or can you pay each time you go?  I took yoga years ago and liked it....maybe I will give it another try. 
ladychief231
on 9/17/08 8:41 pm - Douglassville, PA
Hi Heather,

I signed up through O J School district so I'm not sure about the one day passes. Here is the website for the studio www.thesoulcenter.com it's located at Eland down stip mall where the Epicurian is. Check it out it's very nice!

Teresa

Teresa O

RNY 4/1/2008

PA

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views