***Wednesday Roll Call***

Pam Hart
on 9/16/08 7:02 pm - Easton, PA
Considering we are having a very very nice night at work, I'll start roll call.

Today I get to go home and sleep - which is nice - cause I'm tired today.

Then I'll be getting up and headed to Red Robin for dinner w/ the gang and the barix meeting - which I am super psyched about!!  I only missed one meeting - but I feel like it has been forever since I have connected with people.  I have noticed if I don't track my protein daily I definatley am under my goal of protein for the day.  It's not that I eat the wrong foods - but I just don't eat.  Now if I could have done that without surgery.....lol....

But anyway - have a great day!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Patricia R.
on 9/16/08 7:18 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Pam and everyone,
I can't believe I am up this early, given how exhausted I was last night. 

Yesterday, I mentioned needing to see the Ear/Nose/Throat doc, well, I am scheduled to see him tomorrow.  I also need to see his audiologist, so it has to be earlier than I would like, BUT, I have permission to leave work early and not have to take a half-day for it.

Anywho, I am up and heading to my AA meeting.  After that it is to work to teach the kiddos.  They have a half-day today, and we have staff development in the afternoon.  Then tonight, I am heading to a meeting at a woman at church's house, as I am going to be a mentor to a younger woman.  Sorry, I can't make the Barix meeting this month.  I am going to the OH thing on October 4th though.

I hope to get a walk in somewhere in the middle of all the schedule, maybe at lunch if the weather is nice enough.

Have a great day.

Huggles,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Liz R.
on 9/16/08 8:36 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning all. I am here at work - extra early because I couldn't sleep - in pain so I thought that I would come to work - a little OT never hurts in the paycheck! So I've been here since about 5:30, ugh - I was wide awake at 3 with gall bladder pain and killer cramps - how does a girl get so lucky?! After work today I have to stop at Michael's and pick up some supplies to make invitations for a Halloween Party that I am having, figure that is something that I can work on while I am recovering next week. Then I am headed home to check on my charge (my 16 year old cousin I am watching this week), dinner, maybe a bath and to bed early I am sure!

Make it  a great wednesday - hump day!

Liz
bubble273
on 9/16/08 9:27 pm - Levittown, PA
Good morning everyone!!!

Well, it's good to be back posting and keeping in touch with everyone.

Today has me dropping Connor off at school and then coming back to the house and straight to my office where I have to get some transcribing done.  I lost a bunch of days with recovering from the gallstone surgery and have to really work hard now to make up for lost time.  Apparently we're busier next week.  This week is kind of dead they said.  So I will finish up my transcripts that I have here and then hopefully get a bunch of work next week to do.

After that it's making some leftover baked ziti that I made last night and then I'm off to Barix for the meeting.  Can't wait to see everyone and to get some much needed support.

Have a great Tuesday!!!

Karen

dit657
on 9/16/08 10:13 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning all - Wish I could be at the meeting tonight but it just makes it too long of a day for me - somebody please ask about the possibility of Saturday meetings again?! Thanks!!

I slept in a little this morning and will go to the gym tonight - I really need to get back on a schedule with that stuff.

Other than that I'm at work today - need to go look for shoes at lunch - wish me luck.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
(deactivated member)
on 9/16/08 11:00 pm
Kathy

Dennis is working with Barix to get the Saturday meetings ...I am sure we will have some details soon!

Also did you find an outfit for the wedding?
dit657
on 9/16/08 11:13 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Saturday meetings would be wonderful!! I hope they can work something out.

Yes, I did find an outfit yesterday - a co-worker took me over to Syms out here in the King of Prussia area - I've never been there before (then again until I lost so much weight all of my shopping was done out of catalogs because none of the store sizes fit me). Anyway, LOVE Syms!! I found one outfit that I truly loved, but the sleeves were very short and all my arm flab was hanging out, and I knew I wouldn't be comfortable with that - then we found another outfit - black palazzo pants and this mixed animal print top - the sleeves are semi-sheer but long and flowy, so they cover the ugly part of my arms, and the top has some beading around the neckline and some gold threading running thru-out the prints. So there's a little glitz to it but not too much, and the best part of it was I was I tried on a 2X and it felt a little loose, so Mary ran and got me a 1X and it fits perfectly!!! Another woman in the dressing room even compllimented me in it!! There is no privacy in those dressing rooms - one drawback of that store...

I also bought a new all-weather jacket in a 1X and 3 pair of slacks for work in size 20's!! So I've officially moved down another size, and I'm so thrilled!!!

Thanks again so much for the offer of the dresses - I really do appreciate that. And this outfit I got is casual enough to use on the cruise, too - we're on Norweigan and they're not as formal as some of the other cruise lines.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Lesley G.
on 9/16/08 11:25 pm - Allegan, MI
Good morning all!

Today I'm at work -- not too exciting -- but then tonight is the Barix post-op meeting -- very exciting!  This will be my first post-op meeting as a post-op.  I'm glad I don't have to sneak in as a pre-op anymore.

My insomnia seems to have resolved itself.  I've been taking magnesium, which could be helping, and also making sure to get a good workout in every day.  And I have to say that I am loving the pureed food stage much more than I thought I would.  Being able to eat regular food (even if it is mush) has helped me feel normal again.  Or as close to normal as I can get...

Have a good day, all.  Looking forward to seeing many of you at the meeting tonight!

Lesley
BlancheJackson
on 9/17/08 12:06 am - Butler, PA
Good morning all... what is it that possesses a 16 mth old girl to wake up at 5:30 and scream her head off for an hour????   Ugh.  Her parents sleep downstairs, in our basement room, so didn't hear her. I didn't wake them as they both had to work this morning, but man.... I am drained!!!

I'm really excited about attending the event on PHilly!!  I even decided that I will come alone if I have to... I've invited a friend to go with me but she isn't sure if she can yet.  This is a step forward for me as I don't due public places or events alone... even more so since I lost my son!  I'm not exactly shy, but am very uncomfortable... to the extent of panic attacks.

I can't wait to meet some of you!!!  Anyone know what the dress code is??  Jeans, or whatever???

Have a great Wednesday!
Blanche

Blanche Jackson    352/314/258.6/180  

Pam Hart
on 9/17/08 1:31 am - Easton, PA
Blanche,

Good for you for stepping out of your "comfort zone" if you will.  I'm sure you will do fine - keep remembering you are in a place of support.

Although I don't know for sure - many of these events are probably fine for just jeans and a casual/nice top.  I doubt anyone really "cares" what you wear - as long as you are there!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views