Hi Everyone....I've been MIA, but now I'm back

bubble273
on 9/16/08 10:40 am - Levittown, PA
Hi Everyone!!!!  You have no idea how much I've missed all of you.  I've just peeked at some of your posts over the past week and have tried to catch up.

One of the reasons for my absence is my computer was being fixed by my cousin.  He brought it back tonight.  So now I'm back online.  The other reason is because I was in the hospital having my gallstones removed and then had to go back to the hospital after I left because I got sick to my stomach and had a fever.   What happened was the biliary tube that I have was draining into my system and my system wasn't liking it very much.  So they had to give me a drain bag that I've had for two weeks.  Yesterday they took the bag off and my bile is draining like it should be.  Thank the good Lord!!! 

Today I had my postop visit and they took the JP drain out.  It hurt a tiny bit...nothing like my experience at Barix which was traumatic :(  I still have a g-tube placed which will be coming out in two weeks and also the biliary tube which will also be coming out in two weeks.  So FINALLY I will be done with all of this crap and my belly will be free of tubes and gauze and tape that my skin is totally loving!!! NOT!!!! 

Other than that, just living life.  We had an open house this weekend and one couple came through.  I was so angry.  I mean, the house has only been on the market for two weeks, but it's like come on...one couple!!!  And it was advertised and everything.  The market just stinks right now and it will take some time.  So I'm hanging in there just trying to take one day at a time.

Oh, one exciting thing is that I am now 176.5 pounds.  UNBELIEVABLE!!!!  That's a total of 209 pounds lost in almost 11 months.  I'm not even a year out yet!!!!  I went to Barix last Friday and got weighed and literally stared at the scale for a couple of minutes like that's got to be wrong.  I mean, with me being in the hospital and not eating for 4 or 5 days and then coming home and hardly eating, it wasn't the best way to lost 20 pounds, but I'll take it.  Now where do I go from here???  I've almost hit my goal and I don't know what to do.  I guess I will continue to lose for now and see where I wind up.  It's crazy, but my 16s that I've only worn for a couple months are now big and I just bought a pair of 14s.  This is just amazing!!!  Through all the trials and tribulations, I wouldn't trade it for the world.  I am literally floored by my weight loss and am extremely excited to be seeing a "thinner" me!!!

Well, I will see a lot of you tomorrow!!  I can't wait to see everybody.

Love yas!!

Karen

Pam Hart
on 9/16/08 10:47 am - Easton, PA
Whoop!!  We get to see Karen tomorrow night!!  Doing the happy dance!!

Just keep doing what you are doing.  I don't mean to sound pessimistic - but there's a good chance some of that weight you lost during your health issues may come back as your food intake comes to a healthy level.  That's ok!!  As long as you are healthy - which you have been working on well, despite all your "issues" with the gallstones and of course personal life.

As far as *not* losing anymore - well - even if that weight stays off and you continue to lose (in a healthy manner I might add once again) than that's ok.  I freaked out about a month ago - and now my weight has stabilized.  I thought for sure I would be "under weight" but I am bouncing between 129-131 and although my "goal weight" is 128 - I'll take where I am right now any day.

Oh - and you MUST have ESP cause I swear - I was thinking of you before I went to bed and now here you are.   Happened that way the last time too!!

Can't wait to see you.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
bubble273
on 9/16/08 9:19 pm - Levittown, PA
Pam,

You're not sounding pessimistic at all.  I figured I would probably put back on some poundage.  Every day now postop I've been feeling more like myself and able to eat a little more each time.  I'm okay with feeling hungrier.  I felt like I hadn't eaten in over a week while going through everything.  So food was not my friend at first.  The last time I was in the hospital I think I lost 10 pounds and never really gained it back.  So maybe it will stay off, but I will be okay if a few pounds creep back.

And thanks for thinking of me :)  See you tonight!!

Karen

Arlene E.
on 9/16/08 12:35 pm - Philadelphia, PA
 I look forward to seeing you tomorrow.  Wow, amazing amount of weight loss,   I hope your medical ordeal is all behind you.

arlene
Liz R.
on 9/16/08 8:29 pm - Easton, PA
Karen - Congrats to all that great news!

Glad to have you back!

Liz
dit657
on 9/16/08 10:08 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Hi Karen - congrats on the weight loss - that's amazing and wonderful!! Glad to hear you're almost thru all your gall issues as well - it must be a royal pain having all those drains and tubes hanging around.

Try to not get too discouraged with the house and lack of lookers right now - everything sucks in this economy - and its not just that people are afraid to look, they probably can't get mortgages either. But it will sell and hopefully sooner than later...

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
tammypa
on 9/16/08 10:19 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Karen,
I was wondering where you've been. Glad to hear the worst of everything is over. Congrats on your weight loss - that is just incredible. You should be soooo proud of yourself. Can't wait to see you tonight.
Tammy
GD_007
on 9/16/08 11:09 pm - Drexel Hill, PA
Welcome back - see you tonight!
-GD
Laureen S.
on 9/16/08 11:09 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

Hi Karen,

Wow, you've certainly been through a lot, but now you're pretty much on the other side of it and glad to hear you are doing better.  Yup, the housing market is not good for sure, but sooner or later someone is bound to love your home the way you did when you saw it and it will all come together.  Amazing weight loss, whether you gain a few of them back or not, you have done an amazing job and should be very proud of yourself!

Looking forward to seeing you tonight, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

New_Beginnings_36
on 9/16/08 11:15 pm - PA
Karen - Glad to hear that you are doing better these days :) Congrats on your loss and continued successing

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views